Good places to eat and drink around tattoo shops?

Graeme

Invisible NYC/Daredevil

Food: Mikey's Burgers is the spot I usually hit up for an awesome burger. Old style greasy-spoon burger joint with as confirmed by my coworker the best burger in NYC.

Drink: Top Hops is the place I always go to as part of my "tattoo ritual". 700+ beers 24 taps of amazing beer served by true beer nuts. Also pretty cool vibes from the place.

Top Hops is also close to Kings Ave and NY Adorned. Been wanting to check it out for awhile. Thanks for the reminder!

Electric Tattoo,Bradley Beach,NJ

Del Ponte's Coal Fired Pizza, Pizza, Bradley Beach, NJ 07720 - index I just ate here Friday,and had a vegetable pie made with whole wheat dough that was good.

Del Ponte's Bakery: Bradley Beach: NJ: Jersey Shore's Bakery they also own the bakery on the corner,and they have the best cannoli's that they fill fresh.

Tropicali Cuisine - FINS has good burritos,and tacos,and fruit smoothies.

cafe volan a 5 minute drive to Asbury Park and this coffee shop not only sells great coffee,but also sells artwork from the guy's at Electric Tattoo,and other's.

Electric Tattoo,Bradley Beach,NJ

Del Ponte's Coal Fired Pizza, Pizza, Bradley Beach, NJ 07720 - index I just ate here Friday,and had a vegetable pie made with whole wheat dough that was good.

Del Ponte's Bakery: Bradley Beach: NJ: Jersey Shore's Bakery they also own the bakery on the corner,and they have the best cannoli's that they fill fresh.

Tropicali Cuisine - FINS has good burritos,and tacos,and fruit smoothies.

cafe volan a 5 minute drive to Asbury Park and this coffee shop not only sells great coffee,but also sells artwork from the guy's at Electric Tattoo,and other's.

A trip to Electric Tattoo is hopefully in my not-so-distant future so thanks for those recommendations.

Portland

Atlas Tattoo

You can pretty much just keeping walking down Albina until it turns into Mississippi, and you will find every food place under the sun. I would reccomend the Missisppi Food Cart pod, as they have a lot of varitety of good food and is located next to Probst a german beer Garden. Other Standouts are Mississippi Pizza, Amnesia Brewing, Bar Bar, and Gravy. A couple blocks over is N. Williams where you can find a little smally plate Joint called Tasty and Sons, along with Lompoc Brewing Fifth Quadrant, and Hopworks Bike Bar, also Las Pampas has pretty good Peruvian food and always great desert specials along with house made sangria. All places have good vegan and vegitarian options

If you have a car, you aren't that far from the Alberta District, which has some pretty good places in it's own right. Pine St Biscuits is a favorite, next door is a startup brewery called the Mash Tun, not a big fan of their food, but if you are into strong beer made in house this could be a place to check out. Also if you want some Ice Cream or Milkshake Salt N Straw always delivers some unique flavors. If you are a Vegan check out the Bye and Bye, my wife swears by their Meatless Meatball Sub or Vita Cafe, which has a wonderful Vegan Chicken Fried Steak. Their is s Thai restaurant just south of Alberta on 15th called Pok Pok Noi, which is the second location of what is probably the best Thai place in town.

The only downside is there really isn't any place that convenient to stay other than Bed and Breakfast, except maybe Kennedy School, which is a former school converted into a brewery restaurant Hotel. The company Mcmenainmins has done this with a lot of historic buildings in the city. Their is some run down motels on Interstate Ave that have some good vintage signage, but not neccesarily some place you would want to stay. If you stay downtown or near the convention center you can take train and only have about a mile walk to Atlas.

I will do AWR in a little bit.

Portland

Atlas Tattoo

You can pretty much just keeping walking down Albina until it turns into Mississippi, and you will find every food place under the sun. I would reccomend the Missisppi Food Cart pod, as they have a lot of varitety of good food and is located next to Probst a german beer Garden. Other Standouts are Mississippi Pizza, Amnesia Brewing, Bar Bar, and Gravy. A couple blocks over is N. Williams where you can find a little smally plate Joint called Tasty and Sons, along with Lompoc Brewing Fifth Quadrant, and Hopworks Bike Bar, also Las Pampas has pretty good Peruvian food and always great desert specials along with house made sangria. All places have good vegan and vegitarian options

If you have a car, you aren't that far from the Alberta District, which has some pretty good places in it's own right. Pine St Biscuits is a favorite, next door is a startup brewery called the Mash Tun, not a big fan of their food, but if you are into strong beer made in house this could be a place to check out. Also if you want some Ice Cream or Milkshake Salt N Straw always delivers some unique flavors. If you are a Vegan check out the Bye and Bye, my wife swears by their Meatless Meatball Sub or Vita Cafe, which has a wonderful Vegan Chicken Fried Steak. Their is s Thai restaurant just south of Alberta on 15th called Pok Pok Noi, which is the second location of what is probably the best Thai place in town.

The only downside is there really isn't any place that convenient to stay other than Bed and Breakfast, except maybe Kennedy School, which is a former school converted into a brewery restaurant Hotel. The company Mcmenainmins has done this with a lot of historic buildings in the city. Their is some run down motels on Interstate Ave that have some good vintage signage, but not neccesarily some place you would want to stay. If you stay downtown or near the convention center you can take train and only have about a mile walk to Atlas.

This will definitely be referenced for a potential Portland trip. Thanks David!

There is a possibility we were both at the same bar at the same time one post-tattoo, one pre-tattoo...crazy!

Craziness! This sounds like a must-stop post-tattoo. Actually I think I convinced my fiancé to come with me to Kings Ave this summer solely based on the promise of hitting up Top Hops afterwards. Win!

Portland

Atlas Tattoo

You can pretty much just keeping walking down Albina until it turns into Mississippi, and you will find every food place under the sun. I would reccomend the Missisppi Food Cart pod, as they have a lot of

varitety of good food and is located next to Probst a german beer Garden. Other Standouts are Mississippi Pizza, Amnesia Brewing, Bar Bar, and Gravy. A couple blocks over is N. Williams where you can find a little smally plate Joint called Tasty and Sons, along with Lompoc Brewing Fifth Quadrant, and Hopworks Bike Bar, also Las Pampas has pretty good Peruvian food and always great desert specials along with house made sangria. All places have good vegan and vegitarian options

Pok Pok is really good, but I think that Lemongrass is the best Thai I have ever had.

Portland sounds amazing. The city doesn't by any chance need any more experienced, formally trained brewers, huh?

There is always oppurtunities in that field. It seems that people are constantly switching breweries and or starting up their own leaving positions open I imagine. I always wonder when or if there can be such a thing as too many breweries, but doesn't seem to happen yet. One of the most famous brewers in town, is actually opening his doors on a startup brewery about a mile away from Atlas.

• 9 months later...
Revisiting this thread in preparation for my Smith Street visit. Any new recommendations in the Brooklyn area?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Prime Meats on Court Street (pretty much next to Black Gold) is excellent and only a couple of blocks away, though I've only had brunch there. There are a load of great places on Smith Street. I don't remember the name of the place but there's a great Cuban place nearby, Seersucker is supposed to be great, the bar next to it...maybe it's called The Brooklyn Social Club? is great for a post-tattoo drink. Nice cocktails and some Sixpoint on draft if I remember right.

Does anyone have post-tattoo food recommendations for Providence? I used to go there all the time when my grandparents lived there, but I have no idea what's good now. Bars that serve good food count, too.

You're getting tattooed by Ron? Ask him, he always has excellent recommendations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Might try this Mikey's Burgers place before my appointment at Kings Ave, unless anyone else has any good lunch suggestions in the area...

Or maybe I'll just eat a bunch of pastries from Dominique Ansel.

Do you enjoy coffee? Gimme Coffee on Moss St does really nice single cup brews. They ain't fast on service, but I really love a good cup of coffee.