New Member from NJ

MikeC82

Hello, I am a new member...I live in NJ....I have a few tattoos....first one I got when I was 17 (I am 31 now), and it is a dragon on my back done by Ronnie Dell'Aquila, who I just realized is a pretty well known tattooer. When I joined the USMC, I got the traditional EGA, and the added Japanese Koi, waves on my chest and arm, and then have another half sleeve on my other arm. Except for the first one, they were all done by random shops, and they are ok, nothing special. Right now, I am looking to start a full sleeve on my right arm mostly of different types of skulls, black and grey. I have contacted many artists in the past few months, but right now it looks like I am going to go see Oly Anger up in Montreal. Any input on him or his capability?

Yeah, Oly Anger does really good work. I was just thinking about his tattoos the other day because I saw a guy on public transportation last week with a really good black and grey biomech sleeve that I assume Oly Anger did because there really isn't anybody else local who tattoos that well in that style. Good luck and welcome!

Oly Angers work looks good to me if thats what style you like.

Personally I like Jftattooer, this is his instagram name not to sure of his real name, he also works at Oly Angers shop.

That guy does some awesome work, but I don't know his real name either. He posts a good amount to his facebook as well.

Graeme...one of my concerns about going up to Montreal (from NJ) is communicating with Oly, since I hear his English isn't great. Is there anyone in the shop that can translate? I just want to make sure we are on the same page with specifics in the work.

Graeme...one of my concerns about going up to Montreal (from NJ) is communicating with Oly, since I hear his English isn't great. Is there anyone in the shop that can translate? I just want to make sure we are on the same page with specifics in the work.

I've never met him, but didn't he work at Paul Booth's shop in NYC? I would assume that he understands English well enough to work with you on it. I've been tattooed by Bert who works at his shop when he worked at Tattoomania and he doesn't really speak English so that doesn't help much. Don't know about this JF guy. It is Montreal, however, and most people can at least get by in either language.

Big Joe...I will check them out....I haven't heard back from Chris Adamek....I also contacted Cesar and Stefano in NYC, but haven't received an email back. I really like the realism in Oly's work, minus the bio stuff, and I haven't found that anywhere else, except for Robert Pho in Vegas. Biagio's stuff looks really good though. What do you think of Matt Lukesh at Seppuku?

- - - Updated - - -

Graeme...by the way, he did in fact work at Last Rites for a little bit. Also, good idea about hiring translator for a bit. Thanks!

I don't mean that you need to hire an interpreter, just that in Montreal most people can speak enough French and English to get by in either language, and I would assume that a tattooer who worked in the US would be able to work well enough in English. Montreal is a great city too so that's another reason to go to Oly Anger.

I am still looking for an artist...I have heard back from Randy Prause, Oly Anger, and potentially could get in with Dan Henk....who do you think would be the best to capture the style I am going for in this picture (I am not looking to replicate the tattoo, just something similar with this type of shading/detail):

tattoo_zpsdd01d56a.jpg

Also, anyone know the original artist?

BigJoe thanks again for the recomendations....I did check out the last rites guys, but haven't heard back.

I really like that last guy, Wes Schultz's stuff.....it is a hard decision to make, because there are many talented artists, I am just trying to best match up the styles I am looking for. Not sure what way to go, but really leaning towards Oly, unless I hear back from Caesartattoo soon....