finer things in life

Huero

@ Dan S you look like you could be Jack Passions father in those photos. .

- - - Updated - - -

Long live the Kings is a beautiful short film shot in France on baddass old bikes .LONG LIVE THE KINGS | AN ORIGINAL FILM FEATURING BLITZ MOTORCYCLES « The Selvedge Yard

Attn @Kev @Dan S .

AHHHHHH!!! THAT FILM!!!!! It's so gorgeous!!!

The other day my chem teacher asked me if I was a "biker", because I have a black denim vest with a large back patch on it. I looked down at the ground and said solemnly "no." It's films and blogs like that that make me wish my answer was a "YES!", but then reality sets in about time and money, and all the other things that just drag you down once you step outside of daydream land. Reminds me of this little sleepy town called Port Costa in the bay area (just west of Martinez) but there's only one road in, and one road out, and the town only has maybe 300 people. They have this bar there with a giant taxidermied bear, which is odd that I'm interested in it because I don't drink and I'm vegan, but that's a separate tangent. Anyways, on any given Friday night, you can go there, and there's like 50 motorcycles parked outside (filling up most of the 1 block original "downtown" area, right by the railroad tracks, with the delta water on the other side). I always like to go to just be there, the silent voyeur, sitting back and taking it all in. It feels like that film and Dan S.'s photos. It feels like it's a place that's kind of stopped in time.

@ Dan S you look like you could be Jack Passions father in those photos. .

- - - Updated - - -

AHHHHHH!!! THAT FILM!!!!! It's so gorgeous!!!

The other day my chem teacher asked me if I was a "biker", because I have a black denim vest with a large back patch on it. I looked down at the ground and said solemnly "no." It's films and blogs like that that make me wish my answer was a "YES!", but then reality sets in about time and money, and all the other things that just drag you down once you step outside of daydream land. Reminds me of this little sleepy town called Port Costa in the bay area (just west of Martinez) but there's only one road in, and one road out, and the town only has maybe 300 people. They have this bar there with a giant taxidermied bear, which is odd that I'm interested in it because I don't drink and I'm vegan, but that's a separate tangent. Anyways, on any given Friday night, you can go there, and there's like 50 motorcycles parked outside (filling up most of the 1 block original "downtown" area, right by the railroad tracks, with the delta water on the other side). I always like to go to just be there, the silent voyeur, sitting back and taking it all in. It feels like that film and Dan S.'s photos. It feels like it's a place that's kind of stopped in time.

Canyon Lake Road or sumpin like that, right? Was in that neck o the woods awhile many, many many moons ago...wrecked my first hog, a '47 Knuckle, on the curve where 101 jinks into 1 out by Salinas. Proly all turned into interstates now. We were on our way from el-Lay to what we called "Frisco", which I hear isn't the correct way to refer to it anymore!

Had to look up who Jack Passion is...his father, eh?!

All I can tell you, late sixties through the seventies, it was a time. Wouldn't trade my life for anything. Rode from one end of the country to the other, more than a few times, partied with many, fought with some, and just generally had a helluva time.

Canyon Lake Road or sumpin like that, right? Was in that neck o the woods awhile many, many many moons ago...wrecked my first hog, a '47 Knuckle, on the curve where 101 jinks into 1 out by Salinas. Proly all turned into interstates now. We were on our way from el-Lay to what we called "Frisco", which I hear isn't the correct way to refer to it anymore!

Had to look up who Jack Passion is...his father, eh?!

All I can tell you, late sixties through the seventies, it was a time. Wouldn't trade my life for anything. Rode from one end of the country to the other, more than a few times, partied with many, fought with some, and just generally had a helluva time.

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

I've lived in Frisco for 15 years. The only people who don't like to call it that are uptight white folks. Blacks, Mexicans, Salvadorans, and freaks and bikers of all colors don't mind you saying Frisco. Get in where you fit in!

Just don't say "San Fran." :)

I really like the bold almost geometric style of Japanese tattoo the gent wears backed by a shit-load of black ,it's also similar to Nakamura Toshikazu seen in post 162 .

Any idea of the timframe of that Japanese fellows tattoos? The big, thick windbars remind me of Horiyoshi I & II. Although, I have no clue who did that dudes work...

@kylegrey, I gotta agree on that one!

Bars are stock, with advance on left grip and throttle on right. Check out all the optional goodies someone ordered it with...jiffy-stand, package rails, all that good shit. Got about ten boxes of assorted parts with it, gent that sold it is dong poorly and wanted to clean out his garage. Gave him his asking price, tho', couldn't see bargaining with the man.

The latest addition to the garage...hasn't been fired in about seven years, but hopefully that'll change today or over the weekend.

All factory-original, matching numbers 1948 Panhead with factory hack. Ain't too durn many of these on the loose out there anymore.

DSCF2939_zpsccc54d87.jpg

Amazing purchase! I was involved in a restore of a 60's panhead that sat for over a decade. My friend got it from his dad who let it sit under a deck for god knows how long. Damn oil came out with the consistency of glue.

Amazing purchase! I was involved in a restore of a 60's panhead that sat for over a decade. My friend got it from his dad who let it sit under a deck for god knows how long. Damn oil came out with the consistency of glue.

Oil is clean and the motor is free, but I'ma go through it just in case.