finer things in life

Huero

Oil is clean and the motor is free, but I'ma go through it just in case.

That is always a good sign! I agree on a bike that sat around for that long I would yank it down to the frame. Between the hidden gremlins in the motor/trans to varnish gas (or worse, rusted tanks cause they sat empty).

@Wedge - I think I recently saw a very brief video clip on-line somewhere with your pin-up cyclist in progress.

You're right @SStu. I think it was originally posted on tattoosnob a week or so ago as a commercial type of of ad for Off the Map tattoo in Mass. I had forgotten they were filming the day I was in with Shane O'Neill since it was a couple of years ago. Pretty cool though to see me getting tattooed in a commercial.

277k168d.jpg

Bake-neko+2.JPG

toyokuni III/kunisada

183.13-Naosuke-Gombei-ripping-off-a-face.jpg

yoshitoshi. probably my all time favourite ukiyo-e piece

i'm sure most people here are familiar with their work, but these two (along with kuniyoshi and hokusai for their monster/yokai based works) are among my favourite artists and i spent alot of my time at art school doing work heavily influenced by them. hoping to start seriously collecting more ukiyo-e prints when the £££ allows it

277k168d.jpg

Bake-neko+2.JPG

toyokuni III/kunisada

i'm sure most people here are familiar with their work, but these two (along with kuniyoshi and hokusai for their monster/yokai based works) are among my favourite artists and i spent alot of my time at art school doing work heavily influenced by them. hoping to start seriously collecting more ukiyo-e prints when the £££ allows it

I actually just saw this not too long ago posted by someone I follow on instagram

slayer9019, i saw you have one of yoshitoshi's pieces as your avatar. have you checked out the whole of his series of 28 famous murders with verse? beautiful and brutal, my favourite series of prints easily. i hope to one day get an adaptation of the one i posted (naosuke gombei ripping off a face) or one of the others from the series as my back/butt piece

277k168d.jpg

Bake-neko+2.JPG

toyokuni III/kunisada

I like Kwanabe Kyosai theres a cool book on his work thats reasonably priced on amazon on e bay

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...