New Guy From Wales

JTJTJT

Hi I'm Josh, from Wales in the UK. I fight Muay Thai and a lot of the gyms fighters have Sak Yants from Thailand I've decided to buck the trend as I want a Japanese bodysuit tattoo so I'm doing research for it. Hopefully I'll be useful to the Forum.

P.s I'm also a trainee accountant so might be able to give a hand in that regard :)

No Tattoos as of yet. I've been waiting until I can get one big piece as opposed to a piecemeal approach.

Muay Thai is the national sport of Thailand (as you might have guessed) you're allowed to strike with punches, kicks, elbows and knees and a lot of the fighters have hand tattooed tattoos done by Buddhist monks that are meant to protect them from harm.

@Graeme will do though he will only tattoo people over 21 so I may have a bit of a wait, hopefully I can get on the waiting list until I hit the limit

There's no shame in having to wait to get the tattoos you really want, and if you want to go the full Japanese body suit route, he's one of the best. If nothing else, it gives you plenty of time to learn as much as you can about Japanese tattooing and the conventions, myths, legends, and stories behind the designs.

I'm curious, especially because you're fairly young and not yet tattooed, how you came to the idea of getting full body suit? I love the way those tattoos look (in pictures anyway, I've never seen a full cohesive bodysuit done by one tattooer in real life) but the thought of committing to something that huge without having tattoos and not knowing what it's like to get them, what it's like to have and live with them, is just completely foreign to me.

Yea I figured that it would just be extra research time, I'm halfway through the water margin atm.

As to the bodysuit I've been involved in eastern martial arts since about six and 'Japanese style' tattoos (think bright blue waves and slightly naff samurai) were very popular among a lot of the guys I knew. Then at about 13 my uncle bought me a book on tattoos for Christmas with a bunch of bodysuits in it. I always thought it's better not to do things by half and end up with a half arsed end result so that's why I want it.