Let's save my brother from scratchers

Delicious

Hello!

So, as I have been saying for the last few weeks, Im due to be getting a tattoo here soon. Was discussing it on the phone with my brother today, and he really wants a tattoo as well. But he is refusing to get it done where I live, (he lives in Vegas), and says he has a friend who can do great tattoos, or that he could go anywhere in Vegas to get a great cheap tattoo.

I keep trying to explain to him that cheap tattoos aren't always good, and that he should never let one of his friends tattoo him, by he seems adamant about getting a tattoo in Vegas, from one of what seems to be a myriad of shitty tattoo artists, or from his friend.

So I am asking, help me find good tattoo artists in Vegas for him, and also help me find good arguments for him not to get tattooed by a friend.

I'd really appreciate the help, I don't want him to pop his tattoo cherry with a huge mistake!

Seeing as this forum is a such a huge collection of excellent tattoos and also a PSA for getting good tattoos and avoiding scratchers, why don't you show him some of the threads on here? I've never been particularly swift about following through on my tattoos, but this forum (along with some other media) definitely helped me avoid doing some stupid shit as well as make me understand some of the not-great aspects of some of my work.

Also from just a brief search it looks like Classic Tattoo in Vegas is pretty good. I understand why he wouldn't want to travel too far for his first tattoo, mine came from a shop just around the corner from my old apartment. Although that shop wasn't great I lucked out with a really good artist.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It looks like I'm little late to this post and hopefully your brother hasn't got some jacked up work.

I live in Las Vegas (born & raised) The shops mention above are all rad I.e. Classic Tattoo, Battle Born, Downtown Tattoo.

I would personally recommend Downtown Tattoo (the others are rad too!) I like the vibe and got work from a handful of the dudes there.

Also, some other shops to check out would be ; Studio 21 (Jason Paxman is doing my back piece) Showroom Tattoo (Bundy and his crew are sweet) plus Chad Koeplinger will be guest spotting their next week (5/24-5/28) an I'm currently broke as hell!

Hope this helps.

I get to play the same game with my brother, luckily he lives pretty close to Name Brand in Ann Arbor, and plans on moving down to Austin next year. I forsee a brotherly gathering at Rock of Ages at some point in my future.

Don't forget about Great Wave (Jason Brooks and Ben Siebert) and Perfection (Chris Trevino) also in Austin, TX.