Fish Keeping Enthusiasts

missStark

Are there any other fish keeping enthusiasts here? I'm a total fish nerd and recently I've been running into a lot of other aquarium nerd tattooers and collectors. I think it would be cool to share what specimens we have and post pictures. If not, I promise not to bore you all with my fish :o

I had a 55 gallon reef for about 5 years. It was absolutely gorgeous. Until i made the mistake of buying one fish without checking into it's behavior type. It slowly over time ate everything in the tank. I wanted to start over, but it's a really big $$$ investment.

Said fish -

picasso_triggerfish.jpg

That is a beautiful fish!

Currently have 3 running tanks:

5 gallon that contains a red cambodian double tail betta and zebra nerite snail as well as various live aquatic plants

60 gallon that currently contains 2 young blood parrot cichlids 7 neon tetra (there were 12 but are being eaten by the parrots. They were bought as dither fish anyway) and one L240 vampire Plecostomus

3 gallon which is currently home to two baby (about 1 in.) electric blue Jack Dempseys. This is just a growing tank until they are about 2-2.5 inches and then will be moved into the 60 gal with the other cichlids.

below are pics of the chiclids and the pleco.

Trigger fish work well with Angel fish ..... and parrot fish, we had them mixed with each other when I was growing up. Just ask the guy at the aquarium where you are buying your fish.

- - - Updated - - -

I should update what I grew up with so this is what I can remember. Trigger, Angel, Parrot, several to types of shrimp, clown, a lion fish for a little bit,

When I was a kid my dad enjoyed fish and we had two freshwater aquariums and one marine aquarium. In the marine we had clowns, starfish, a few other fish and a very large saltwater hermit crab. Surprisingly the hermit crab ended up eating everything except the starfish.

I then went a LONG time without any fish but always loved visiting aquariums and looking at fish. About a year ago I was dealing with bad depression so my boyfriend got me a small tank, some live aquatic plants and a betta in hopes that having a new hobby would help. It certainly did and now he's afraid of me becoming a crazy fishlady. Right now I'm really into south and Central American cichlids. I think it would be nice to one day have another marine tank though.

Yep. We have a 60 gallon fresh water tank. We used to buy little Koi (2"), but they outgrow the tank . Now we have 5 goldfish. They were about an inch long when we bought em, now they are about 4" long. And we have a leopard plecostemus, and an albino pleco. Fish are cool, wish I was rich, I would have more.

Triggerfish ate:

YellowSailfinTangWMTa_Ap8ST.jpg

RoyalGramma4.jpg

dwarf_flame_angelfish.jpg

and a few of these

blue_chromis2.jpg

The one shrimp and a few turbo snails somehow evaded him.

It was a gorgeous tank, i wound up selling the tank, the wet/dry filter, the CF lights and the reef rock to recoup some money. Perhaps some day i'll try again when i have a spare couple grand. :p