NY Times article on Tattoos in the Workplace

I do have to say right off the bat...why the hell do all of these articles always use TERRIBLE examples of tattoos.

I'm betting the journalist has a friend who has some tattoos and knows a few people with tattoos and "viola", a couple of pictures. I can't fathom why they just don't do some research considering it's supposedly a "respectable" publication.

Hey hey, don't hate on us journalists. :)

I'm the most tattooed in the newsroom, but there are a few others with visible tattoos in both newspapers where I work.

I'm neutral about the article itself ... Seemed fair enough. And the images themselves do too, considering if you look around the office you'll likely find a shit ton of crap rather than all our beautifully adorned limbs and body parts. Haha.

Hey hey, don't hate on us journalists. :)

I'm the most tattooed in the newsroom, but there are a few others with visible tattoos in both newspapers where I work.

I'm neutral about the article itself ... Seemed fair enough. And the images themselves do too, considering if you look around the office you'll likely find a shit ton of crap rather than all our beautifully adorned limbs and body parts. Haha.

In colored guy speak, journalist = urinal-ist. Of course not applicable in your case, since you are one of us, first and foremost. I'm not a big fan of the so called free press, except for the crossword and comics.

Rob

Why do these articles keep getting written? If you've read one...

I'm convinced that a good part of what passes for journalism these days is basically trolling. A lazy article about tattoos is going to get shared quite a bit on social media, people are going to leave plenty of stupid comments on the article, and the newspaper is gleeful that they just got a ton of hits for an article that took five minutes and no research to put together.

I'll be honest- Prior to starting my apprenticeship I worked for a publishing company.. a lot of fluffy articles were printed due to censorship..afraid if they really put their teeth into anythig by saying anything controversial they would lose advertisers.. it hinders a LOT and makes for a lot of generic reading material..sad but true. nomatter what you say or do, its probably going to offend SOMEONE

I'll be honest- Prior to starting my apprenticeship I worked for a publishing company.. a lot of fluffy articles were printed due to censorship..afraid if they really put their teeth into anythig by saying anything controversial they would lose advertisers.. it hinders a LOT and makes for a lot of generic reading material..sad but true. nomatter what you say or do, its probably going to offend SOMEONE

I really wish people would stop being so PC about stuff. When will people just look around and accept that this is how the world is.

It really pisses me off when people say shit like this!! :)

Me too- but its honest. No reason to hold back from inspiring people to actually think though.. I hate that publishers hold back from publishing anything that might result in a thought or two (or that is the experience i have had with the mainstream & typical. I am well aware there are many that specialize in just that)

- - - Updated - - -

11649_648764025153054_2006193775_n.jpg

bahhaha that is perfect

• 2 weeks later...

The thing that I especially like about people who get tattoos is that they're often people who are staking out their beliefs or things they love and not interested in whether people approve or not.

Most of the world is too tentative and perpetually skeered, these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the article is what the most of the population of america thinks about tattoo's, that they're nothing more than something fit for the negative or worthless, when in all reality tattooing is a beautiful thing that enlightens the world to a cultural practice long overlooked.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that the article is what the most of the population of america thinks about tattoo's, that they're nothing more than something fit for the negative or worthless, when in all reality tattooing is a beautiful thing that enlightens the world to a cultural practice long overlooked.