NYC Tattoo Convention May 17-19th 2013

I'd like to go, but I'm lacking in tattoo-enthusiast friends... I might drag along my significant other, but I don't think he'd be into it, being a "plain skin" and all :)

I'm kinda in the same boat. No real tattoo-enthusiast friends here either. My fiance has a few tattoos, but when I asked her if I should get her tickets to the Montreal convention she begged off preferring to drink wine with old friends instead while we are in town. I guess I can't blame her. ;)

I really want to start hitting up conventions just to network with other artists (always a good idea) - but so many of the artists around here are just..assholes..that I keep to myself.. kind of not sure how my experience would be.. Sad but true.lol.

(Note: I have a tonne of respect for their artistic ability - I just don't feel a need to spend any spare time talking to them.lol.)

Is anyone here an artist that goes to conventions often? If so what are your experiences?

I really want to start hitting up conventions just to network with other artists (always a good idea) - but so many of the artists around here are just..assholes..that I keep to myself.. kind of not sure how my experience would be.. Sad but true.lol.

(Note: I have a tonne of respect for their artistic ability - I just don't feel a need to spend any spare time talking to them.lol.)

Is anyone here an artist that goes to conventions often? If so what are your experiences?

Since you're in New Brunswick, you should hit up the Montreal convention in September. It's put on by Val and Pierre from Tattoomania and from what I understand from talking to artists who have tattooed there, it's a good convention. It isn't too big, and it's by invite-only so there's great artists, and I always have a really good impression of it in that people seem to get along and have a fun time there. I love it as a non-tattooer, it's a great time.

Since you're in New Brunswick, you should hit up the Montreal convention in September. It's put on by Val and Pierre from Tattoomania and from what I understand from talking to artists who have tattooed there, it's a good convention. It isn't too big, and it's by invite-only so there's great artists, and I always have a really good impression of it in that people seem to get along and have a fun time there. I love it as a non-tattooer, it's a great time.

I may next year - this year I am covering while one of the other guys goes. But I think I may. We have some AMAZING artists in NB . people really sell this province short. I'm pretty introverted.. thats all .lol. Not saying anything negative about anyone..I realized my post may've come across that way. And they're not all arseholes.. just some...but enough to make me warry.. I think conventions would be less socially inbred..so a good place to network .. small town issues.lol

I am not going to make it back up to the convention.....but I will be in Brooklyn...Queens...and Long Island this Fri-Sun!

I am going to hit as many shops as humanly possible and do my best to pick up at least 4 tattoos while up there! I am flying in at 8am Friday morning and I'll hit the ground running....grabbing a bite on LI and then making my way into Brooklyn and Queens to do a lot of visiting and getting tattooed on friday! Then I'll be back to do it all over again on saturday.....

Looks like I'm going to the convention on Sunday. Turns out a buddy of my brother is getting tattooed at the convention, so another friend and I will head out there to check on him and survey the convention.

I noticed on Instagram that Saturday May 18th, Kings Avenue Tattoo and Scorpion Front Publishing is holding a book release event for the Eleven Fourteen Flash Collection Book at the Kings Ave Manhattan location at 188 Bowery. Starts at 6PM and will probably have many convention people attending.