Tattoo shops putting on "sales"

Eskimette

Thanks for the heads up. I might just do that come convention time. But I still want to visit AWR. Hell, I still want to visit Portland. Dan Gilsdorf moved back up so that gives me another reason to visit.

And I hear that the strippers are hipsters. Stripsters, if you wheeel. And that there's a shuttle that takes you from brewery to brewery to brewery. If that ain't enough incentive to visit, I don't know what is.

All this is true. Like they said in that show "It's where young people go to retire". I don't think I will ever leave.

Gilsdorf did move back, but I think he still spends time in Oakland, in fact he is down there right now till the 29th. I still think it is easier to fly down to Oakland to get tattooed by that guy at this point.

AWR just hired another Tattooer Josiah Laughlin, he is a solid all around tattooer that does some nice Japanese work. He is doing the dragon on the back of my leg right now at his current shop.

I think it's weird that any shop advertises price PERIOD! I mean "discount" could mean "full price" in reality.

I think shop specials are fun. Sailor Jerry day, or Halloween or Friday the 13th. Usually things like that, now a days, aren't on the radio or tv and only popped up on Instagram a few days earlier. The only people who'd know are those following anyway.

But I've seen "Get $100 of tattoo work for $60!" banners. It turns me off. I'm already like "what would you consider '$100 worth' of tattoo work?" The best artists I know don't go around advertising their prices, they're always fair and awesome and have no need for that crap.

I've gotten a few "specials" at shops that I've gotten full pricers from too. Which reminds me, today's Rollo's birthday (RIP) and there's a special going on....I need a baby sitter.

I think it's weird that any shop advertises price PERIOD! I mean "discount" could mean "full price" in reality.

I think shop specials are fun. Sailor Jerry day, or Halloween or Friday the 13th. Usually things like that, now a days, aren't on the radio or tv and only popped up on Instagram a few days earlier. The only people who'd know are those following anyway.

But I've seen "Get $100 of tattoo work for $60!" banners. It turns me off. I'm already like "what would you consider '$100 worth' of tattoo work?" The best artists I know don't go around advertising their prices, they're always fair and awesome and have no need for that crap.

I've gotten a few "specials" at shops that I've gotten full pricers from too. Which reminds me, today's Rollo's birthday (RIP) and there's a special going on....I need a baby sitter.

My sentiments exactly.

The Pearl has a deal on this April. They are offering $100 daffodil tattoos with %100 of the cash going to cancer research. That's a special I can get behind.

I just watched a few documentaries about people who are curing cancer.The one guy Burzynski was taken to court by FDA,Pharma,&Government,because they don't want to cure cancer,their making to much money for treating it.

Burzynski: Cancer Is Serious Business | Watch Free Documentary Online

The Gerson Miracle | Watch Free Documentary Online

FOODMATTERS® | Natural Health & Nutrition

I just watched a few documentaries about people who are curing cancer.The one guy Burzynski was taken to court by FDA,Pharma,&Government,because they don't want to cure cancer,their making to much money for treating it.

Burzynski: Cancer Is Serious Business | Watch Free Documentary Online

The Gerson Miracle | Watch Free Documentary Online

FOODMATTERS® | Natural Health & Nutrition

Interesting, but Burzynski is not without controversy. The following is one of a multitude of pages about the man and his work:

Science-Based Medicine » Stanislaw Burzynski: Bad medicine, a bad movie, and bad P.R.

I suppose it is up to each of us to investigate the quality of these claims and make a sound, evidence based analysis.

Gilsdorf did move back, but I think he still spends time in Oakland, in fact he is down there right now till the 29th. I still think it is easier to fly down to Oakland to get tattooed by that guy at this point.

Dan was at Black Heart a few days ago. I don't know if he's taking walk ups, but if he is I'm super bummed I can't get tattooed by him at the moment. I'm really trying to stick to my new rule of healing one tattoo at a time, even if it means missing out on guest spots from out of towners.

Dan was at Black Heart a few days ago. I don't know if he's taking walk ups, but if he is I'm super bummed I can't get tattooed by him at the moment. I'm really trying to stick to my new rule of healing one tattoo at a time, even if it means missing out on guest spots from out of towners.

It's not like Dan isn't coming back to SF next month, but from what I gather Dan will be doing walk ins from time to time up here on Sundays, so maybe it is easier to get tattooed by him than i thought.

The Pearl has a deal on this April. They are offering $100 daffodil tattoos with %100 of the cash going to cancer research. That's a special I can get behind.

I like the concept! From now until the local Relay for Life event, all proceeds we get from any cancer ribbon tattoo will get donated to ACS. It's a good cause, and community involvement helps to improve the public's perception of our industry.

I subscribe to some blogs where I can watch the pictures roll in all day. Every now and then there is a picture of a sheet of flash. I like to pretend like I've walked in and these are my only choices. Which would I pick? I'm thinking I might do this if my favorite local shops have one of those flash sale days. I'd go downtown, check their sheets and pick the best thing. It would make a great story to tell all my non-tattooed friends how I got a tattoo on the spur of the moment for no reason at all.