2013: The Bay Area Convention of Tattoo Arts

Bored and unmotivated at work this morning so why not day dream about something cool...

Convention Website

Convention Facebook

Instagram: "@bayareatattooconvention"

From everything I've seen this is one of the top North American conventions. Anyone else plan on going this year? I think I can convince my girlfriend that a weekend trip to SF would be romantic. And nothing adds to the romance like a fresh tattoo from an elite artist.

Shoot me if I don't go!!! Just heard Shige is doing the seminar this year. Hope they allow non-tattooers to register for it like Horitomo's a couple of years ago.

This! Ten times over...

I am considering flying out to stay for a week or so and hit the convention. I have a whole lot of tattoos to pay for though...so who knows if it will happen. I have wanted some work from Jondix or Hooper on my cranium for a while now. My intent was to see if I could accomplish that at the convention.

@Lance The backpiece is coming along great. After next session we are taking a breack so Horitomo can start my arms and the background on the top of my shoulders. After that is complete Jill is going to start the background on my backpiece and connect it to Horitomo's work. At least that is the plan for now. Have you had any sessions since the last time I saw you? I know you were pretty close to being finished with your backpiece.

Awesome @cvportagee! So I gather after your next one, everything is done then in regards to shading the character (kumonryu? I'm bad with remembering character names)? Can't wait to see it finished. That'll be fantastic to get those sleeves started too.

I'm nearly there. 1 more session late June then done. After that a bit of a break to figure what to do with the front. Chest piece or munewari style. I can't make up my mind which or with what subject. I'm trying to get on Horitomo's wait list for a couple of 1-offs so if it's possible I can get those while I decide.

• 3 weeks later...
Bored and unmotivated at work this morning so why not day dream about something cool...

Convention Website

Convention Facebook

Instagram: "@bayareatattooconvention"

From everything I've seen this is one of the top North American conventions. Anyone else plan on going this year? I think I can convince my girlfriend that a weekend trip to SF would be romantic. And nothing adds to the romance like a fresh tattoo from an elite artist.

thanks for the heads up,I live 90min from there.

to meet some of you would be cool for sure.

Hey, quick question. Is this an event that you can pre-order tickets to? The website says it's just 20 bucks a day, I know a lot of convention type events will raise the prices of tickets as the date draws nearer. It doesn't appear so, but I figured I'd ask some people who have already been.

Hey, quick question. Is this an event that you can pre-order tickets to? The website says it's just 20 bucks a day, I know a lot of convention type events will raise the prices of tickets as the date draws nearer. It doesn't appear so, but I figured I'd ask some people who have already been.

I don't believe they have pre-order tix and they don't raise the price on the day of the convention. I can't remember if there's a cheaper price for weekend pass , tho.

they did a weekend pass 2 years ago but decided against it last year, it just turned out to be too much work.

It's only a $10 savings and way. It could be worse, Ink N Iron is $60 per day plus a $7.50 fee and the line up for SFO blows away INI by far INI is such a 'scene' where SFO is just a bunch of dedicated tattoo collectors/nerds :D