2013: The Bay Area Convention of Tattoo Arts

i go every year! this was my very first convention ever in 2008 and i got a piece from aaron bell. going this year to get another session with jeff gogue! (had my first session with jeff last year)

I watched you getting that large piece on your ribs. Are you adding on or finishing it?

That's awesome Moist Towelette getting work from Gogue is hard to do Though I will say I'm much more jelious you have work from Aaron Bell. Ill be getting my leg sleeved by Matt Deverson this year. Gonna be a fun 16 hours in two days

he seems like a cool dude, he's got an awesome neck tattoo from Grime that I look forward to seeing in person :D

What are you getting from him? He does rad peonies...

he seems like a cool dude, he's got an awesome neck tattoo from Grime that I look forward to seeing in person :D

What are you getting from him? He does rad peonies...

Ill be getting a snake and chrysanthemum scene possibly with a skull not sure yet, and he'll be doing a chrysanthemum on my wife also. I really like his flower work and his peonies are rad. I didn't know he had a grime piece but ill have 16 hours to look at it so that'll be fun.

• 3 weeks later...
got an Appt for SFO now for plane ticket..

I will be solo just a backpack may go check out Blackeart and temple on friday. Loving idea of just getting a walkup with one of the great artists attending also.

That's great your coming up for the convention though you might wanna get ahold of an artist your interested in before the convention. I know the big boys like Shige and Gogue are booked and most the other artist are filling up their spot already. I already put a deposit down for my time with Matt Deverson last week. And I know his time is almost booked out. Good luck and hope you get the work your lookin for at the convention.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have not read through the thread (in awhile), just quickly posting because I think I'm gonna head down to the convention this year. It will be my first - I assume that most artists are booked by now, though! Any tips? I know some people leave a day open for walk-ups.

(really my next step is to start emailing, and of course to read this thread, soooo...I think I just wanted to say HEY!) (but would really also love any tips for n00bs ;p)

I assume that most artists are booked by now, though! Any tips? I know some people leave a day open for walk-ups.

My suggestion: check out the list of artists (here: Bay Area Convention of the Tattoo Arts SFO 2013) and see if there's anyone you want work from. Then email them! You'd be very, very surprised at the availability of some of these folks. I've seen world-class artists take walk-ups at this convention. Good luck!

My suggestion: check out the list of artists (here: Bay Area Convention of the Tattoo Arts SFO 2013) and see if there's anyone you want work from. Then email them! You'd be very, very surprised at the availability of some of these folks. I've seen world-class artists take walk-ups at this convention. Good luck!

<jumps up and down giddy schoolgirl style> Robert Ryan had a cancellation, see you at the convention!! AAAAHHHH I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

Won't be able to make it out to this but would anyone be willing to pick me up a copy of Horitomo's Cat Book and then ship it out to me? He will be selling copies there and I'd would like to avoid purchasing online when they become available for the fear of it selling out too quickly. I could send money via pay pal; enough to cover the book, shipping, and if you'd like a copy of it as well for your troubles.