2013: The Bay Area Convention of Tattoo Arts

I am also stupidly broke and I feel like I did not even make a tiny dent in everything I wanted to buy. Also I'm a genius and forgot my camera at my coworker's house and my phone died so I didn't take any pictures. BUT--

I met Thom DeVita, Ed Hardy, Jill Bonny, Valerie Vargas, Deno, Jondix, Micah Caudle, Dawn Cooke, Deb Yarian, and ran into a whole bunch of other people I already knew. It was overwhelming, to say the very least. I had a blast though, everyone was just so damn nice.

Boom! Teaser shot until my sesh on monday!

image_zpsc297e1f0.jpg

Gogue tomorrow! I will spare u guys pics of my robert hernandez piece I got on friday since I know this forum is traditional biased, but I will say that its sick as fuck!

- - - Updated - - -

No service in the convention! (If you have AT&T)

Back to the table. Met @Scott R and @ian already!

This is fun, guys. :)

I stopped by the diamond club booth but I got there a lil after 5pm and junii wasn't tattooing anymore so I missed u... :(

@MoistTowelette you must have *just* missed us; we didn't stop til sometime between 515-530! I hope your Gogue appt tomorrow is awesome!

It was nice meeting: @Scott R @ian @Lance @cvportagee @ reyeslv @hogg - who am I missing here? The LST shirts did it for me each time!

Junii had a last minute idea she wanted to run by me before we started, so instead of doing snakes this time we are doing a snake and a peeking hannya mask next time. We added some rocks, waterfalls, clouds and colored in my peony from last time.

I met: @Deb Yarian (we met In the elevator!), Jill Bonny (when I got my book!), Lil Roy, Jack Rudy, Chris ?(tattoo land), Shige, Chuey, Horimitsu, Thom Devita (he tattooed Matt (dr claw) right in front of me!!!!! Out of this world moment), & Stephanie Tamez - all who came by to see Junii while I was being tattooed and she was so very gracious and introduced me by name to every single person - WOW!!!!! It was really cool to meet all of these people whose work I have long admired from afar. Insane!

I also met Robert Ryan, when he gave me a bad ass tattoo that I do not currently have a pic of - never fear, tattoos are forever and I'll have a friend take a pic (of the back of my arm) when I am all settled in Seattle.

I got one of the cat books (signed!), but when I went back for prints later the sets were sold out so I snagged the two that were left and still available!

What an awesome experience. I was immediately overwhelmed the first day and had sort of an out of body experience - overstimulation from noise and colors and art and so many people I'd seen only from afar - I had to leave in order to literally bring myself back to my body. It was nuts! I am not usually good in crowds, so this was a brave experience for me!

After being tattooed all day and then getting the one shot by Rob Ryan, I was in crazy weird endorphin mode where all my words were garbled and I had trouble speaking complete sentences. The first stop where this was apparent was when I stopped by the Tattoo City and bought the incredibly affordable Tattoo Time set from Doug Hardy, the second uncomfortably garbled stop was when I impulse bought the bodies + sleeves set from Analog Tattoo (signed and shipped!). I was definitely having trouble communicating at that point (this is sort of standard for me post-tattoo, and normally it's not in a bright/shiny/crowded environment) and I hope the guys I spoke to didn't think I was too weird - there was a definite struggle for me with complete, coherent sentences! Expensive but well worth it, and these books have been on my list since publication.

I'm over the moon guys. This was a new and exciting experience for me and overwhelmingly awesome.

And now they're telling me we're boarding early! Seattle, here I come!

Enjoy the final day, guys. Can't wait to see what you have to say.

PS - more pics coming soon. I def took convention pics!