2013: The Bay Area Convention of Tattoo Arts

Won't be able to make it out to this but would anyone be willing to pick me up a copy of Horitomo's Cat Book and then ship it out to me? He will be selling copies there and I'd would like to avoid purchasing online when they become available for the fear of it selling out too quickly. I could send money via pay pal; enough to cover the book, shipping, and if you'd like a copy of it as well for your troubles.

Might take you up on this.

flying in friday morning, Plan on taking the B A R T to see katie sellergren for some lettering then going to see @Stewart Robson Friday night.

@Valerie Vargas Saturday afternoon as well, would i be completely crazy to entertain a walk up if it presents itself to me???

You would be completely crazy NOT to take the walk up! ooor completely out of money because you're saving for/just got awesome tattoos....(my likely situation)

I'm arriving early Friday morning, prob kicking it in a park and visiting friends during the day, and then was thinking of taking BART out there and checking out the convention Fri night because I will be getting tattooed like ALL of saturday, and won't have time to check everything out before I leave way too early on sunday morning. :)

Ahh, the unplanned trip. I am so exciiited!!!

I'll be fighting the urge to get a walk-up from about 20 different people...

don't fight it! take advantage of it!! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Any tips? I know some people leave a day open for walk-ups.

get there as early as you can on Friday... browse the artists and portfolios. if you find someone you like, ask if they have any time available thru the weekend. If you bring down a cooler full of Dick's Deluxes, perhaps I can drop a few tips on a some great artists who are likely to have walk-ups.

don't fight it! take advantage of it!! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

get there as early as you can on Friday... browse the artists and portfolios. if you find someone you like, ask if they have any time available thru the weekend. If you bring down a cooler full of Dick's Deluxes, perhaps I can drop a few tips on a some great artists who are likely to have walk-ups.

You want Dick's? I'm willing to negotiate. ;) I wonder how the TSA would feel about that cooler? Likely fine so long as I left a few with security ;).

My nephew.. Was unable to go, and I am working 70 hour weeks until mid November. Which means we can afford a house next year (and more tattoos), but I'll have to miss the convention.

Sad panda, but I shall live vicariously through you guys until the next one :).

Make it rain (Dick's) while you are there and get a good walk up!

We always think of it too late, but what about an LST get together...meet in the lobby bar, dinner or whatever...

@hogg @tammy

lets make this happen even if its just meeting in the lobby

@Lance @a1steaks @ian @cltattooing @CABS @cvportagee @Reyeslv @beez @9Years @petiloi @embers @MoistTowelette @SacramentoDan

and anyone else going

Yes, let's try to meet at the convention. I'd be more than happy to since I'll be missing the pre-party. I'll probably dive into the city Friday to see some old friends at some point, but I'm staying at the Hyatt all weekend.

Horrible description, but I'll be an Asian guy with long hair, glasses, black & grey Japanese sleeves, probably wearing black or some shade of grey, trying to be discreet about staring at everyone's tattoos but too shy to approach you and ask ;-)

Anyway if you see me before the meet, just come up and say Hi!

@hogg @tammy

lets make this happen even if its just meeting in the lobby

@Lance @a1steaks @ian @cltattooing @CABS @cvportagee @Reyeslv @beez @9Years @petiloi @embers @MoistTowelette @SacramentoDan

and anyone else going

I'm down! I'll be at the convention from opening Friday, feeling very shy and possibly overwhelmed/overstimulated/euphoric from the sea of tattoos parading before me (I really like looking at tattoos! I know ALL of you feel me on this!) .

Getting tattooed literally all day on Saturday...is it polite to say "come say hi to me here!"? 'here' being the tattoo booth or whatever.

@Lance I will also be rocking the black/grey awkward look. :)

Yes, let's try to meet at the convention. I'd be more than happy to since I'll be missing the pre-party. I'll probably dive into the city Friday to see some old friends at some point, but I'm staying at the Hyatt all weekend.

Horrible description, but I'll be an Asian guy with long hair, glasses, black & grey Japanese sleeves, probably wearing black or some shade of grey, trying to be discreet about staring at everyone's tattoos but too shy to approach you and ask ;-)

Anyway if you see me before the meet, just come up and say Hi!

ha love it If its like last year I will be the only guy with sneakers and gym shorts and no visible tattoos checking out everyone elses tattoos but probably not asking about them

also what time does convention start on Friday?

ha love it If its like last year I will be the only guy with sneakers and gym shorts and no visible tattoos checking out everyone elses tattoos but probably not asking about them

also what time does convention start on Friday?

Looks like it starts at 5pm and runs till 11pm on Friday. Bummer for me, since I'll have to run for the BART by 6 or 7 to see previous said friends in SF. Hmmm, friends vs. tattoo convention. Decisions, decisions...

It runs 11am-11pm Saturday and 11am-6pm Sunday.