Hi from Los Angeles

Bteal

Hi everyone,

My name is Brett and I've been lurking here for a while. I'm 24 years old and I just moved back to Los Angeles. For the past three years I have been living in NY, and that's where I've had all of my tattoos done so far. I only have three so far: an eagle on my right calf from Grez at Kings Ave; a Lion on my thigh done by Dave Wallin at Eight of Swords in Brooklyn; and a day of the dead tattoo done on my right calf by Jessica Mascitti at East Side Ink.

I work in the TV news industry and have had a hell of a time dealing with the stigmas of tattoos at the corporate level. This forum has been an amazing resource and has helped me fill out my wish list of tattooers. Nice to virtually meet all of you and hopefully someday it will be in person.

Hey there I'm from LA too welcome to the forum, though I'm new here as well. What kind of stigma have you had to deal with at the corporate level considering all your ink is on your legs? I'm assuming you wear pants to work everyday right?

And what tattooers in LA do you plan on visiting or are you considering? I'm always interested in hearing about local talent to check out.

Hey there I'm from LA too welcome to the forum, though I'm new here as well. What kind of stigma have you had to deal with at the corporate level considering all your ink is on your legs? I'm assuming you wear pants to work everyday right?

And what tattooers in LA do you plan on visiting or are you considering? I'm always interested in hearing about local talent to check out.

Well I used to run every day in Central Park. Little did I know, so did my bosses. Well I ran into them one morning and later that day, some disrespectful comments were circulating through the office. And the show I was working on only had around 10 people on staff, so it got pretty uncomfortable. It was just your typical bullshit, but it got old fast.

As far as tattooers in LA I'm planning on visiting, I have Bryan Burk and Jim Sylvia high up on my list. I'm also going to the SF convention in October and plan on getting another piece from Grez.

Well I used to run every day in Central Park. Little did I know' date=' so did my bosses. Well I ran into them one morning and later that day, some disrespectful comments were circulating through the office. And the show I was working on only had around 10 people on staff, so it got pretty uncomfortable. It was just your typical bullshit, but it got old fast.

As far as tattooers in LA I'm planning on visiting, I have Bryan Burk and Jim Sylvia high up on my list. I'm also going to the SF convention in October and plan on getting another piece from Grez.[/quote']

Welcome! I'm going out from Philly with a friend to the SF convention too.

I guess the "typical bullshit" at your job involved them saying something about you being a dirtball or something? Were they saying this stuff to your face? You'd think people in such a culturally rich city would be more open minded. I hope the folks you work with now are more accepting.

Welcome! I'm going out from Philly with a friend to the SF convention too.

I guess the "typical bullshit" at your job involved them saying something about you being a dirtball or something? Were they saying this stuff to your face? You'd think people in such a culturally rich city would be more open minded. I hope the folks you work with now are more accepting.

Yeah that was the gist of it and it was both to my face and behind my back. My job was odd because it was a mix between a corporate world and a creative one. Most of the guys I worked with were older and highly educated, which always made their close-minded attitudes seem odd to me. My job now is amazing. I'd say 30% of the staff has tattoos. Numerous people have full sleeves and nobody bats an eye.

Welcome! Interesting that they reacted that way since they're not visible at work! But hey it worked out cause now its all good at the new place!

I work in a newsroom myself and am quite visible with my tattoos and I'm grateful that no negative reactions have happened for the most part.

Enjoy LST! Great group here!