Motorcycles you have/are building

Eskimette

Tattoos and bikes, they often go together.

I'm rebuilding a 1986 honda rebel 450 into a softail bobber - its a fun journey. Slow goin's ordering all the parts from random places since they only made it for two years..but I love that damn bike..at my size it's perfect.

My husband is just finishing up building a 1981 yamaha xs850 into a bobber.. honestly that bike shape has a really ominous and awesome look to it when you bare-bones it .. the ways you can custom and tweak it are amazing...another really fun adventure.

TC bros = a godsend for parts.

What about you guys?

Bikes you have/ and or bikes you're building?

92-2.jpg

Sled still looks the same, but I MAY have changed a tad over the years...

DSCF2917_zps04fd2924.jpg

Got this one to sell, but I haven't been able to let it out of my garage yet...

Got a few more, another Shovel and an old Ironhead. Wouldn't have a new bike.

Ahhh Ironhead *drooooooools*. I wish I'd grown more *flexes* but unfortunately at my size I have no hope in hell of riding something that heavy :( Mannnnn do they ever have endless possibilities though... you can do so so so so much with an ironhead.

I saw one kicking around here on kijiji... I was so tempted.. but that was a moment of personal illusion of grandeur lol.. and if i bought one there'd be no way in hell i'd let it be my hubby's bike...id kill myself on it LOL

ps- i love the old saddlebags. looove.

Ahhh Ironhead *drooooooools*. I wish I'd grown more *flexes* but unfortunately at my size I have no hope in hell of riding something that heavy :( Mannnnn do they ever have endless possibilities though... you can do so so so so much with an ironhead.

I saw one kicking around here on kijiji... I was so tempted.. but that was a moment of personal illusion of grandeur lol.. and if i bought one there'd be no way in hell i'd let it be my hubby's bike...id kill myself on it LOL

ps- i love the old saddlebags. looove.

My #3 son has an Ironhead, no problems with it at all. And he weighs MAYBE 140. Those things only weigh 530 lbs wet, so they aren't too hard to handle. If you like 'em, try one-you might be surprised.

The bags I got at a garage sale outside Chicago for $15. Spent another $100 to have Kelly, RiP, put new tops and fringe on em. They're factory from the late forties.

My #3 son has an Ironhead, no problems with it at all. And he weighs MAYBE 140. Those things only weigh 530 lbs wet, so they aren't too hard to handle. If you like 'em, try one-you might be surprised.

The bags I got at a garage sale outside Chicago for $15. Spent another $100 to have Kelly, RiP, put new tops and fringe on em. They're factory from the late forties.

what a lucky find!!

I'm only 5'2" LOL... I have long legs ...so my upper body is basically useless LOL... my bike is just under 310lbs dry... haha...

hubby's bike I can't even hold up for him while he looks at something, if it leans im done...

I thought ironheads were heavier than that - but they are a lonng big bike compared to "The Nub" (My bikes sad nickname LOL)... Eventually maybe I will give it a shot and pass it off to hubby reluctantly if it's a no-go... but my height hinders me ..I'm stubborn but saftey first...

I've had 6 or 7 motorcycles over the years, presently have 2 modern Triumphs:

a Speed Triple and a Tiger 800 XC. Tastes vary but there isn't a bike I'd trade either

of these two to get.

My favorite thing is to ride the bikes up to BC & the Rockies & blog about it.

Even though a cliff near Nelson dropped rocks on one and killed it. Blog.

I've had 6 or 7 motorcycles over the years, presently have 2 modern Triumphs:

a Speed Triple and a Tiger 800 XC. Tastes vary but there isn't a bike I'd trade either

of these two to get.

My favorite thing is to ride the bikes up to BC & the Rockies & blog about it.

Even though a cliff near Nelson dropped rocks on one and killed it. Blog.

That would be a gorgeous thing to see on a bike

That would be a gorgeous thing to see on a bike

It's SO amazing - can't wait to go back. Probably not for a couple years but next time

I want to stay in Yoho NP for a couple days, hike to Lake O'Hara, do some paddling

on Emerald Lake...

You meet so many friendly people by being on 2 wheels too. At the Athabasca Glacier,

I met a group of 5 who were from New Zealand and were traveling the Coast on Harleys.

And met a couple from Saskatoon who are also Triumph fans when I stopped to wait out

rain at Rogers Pass.