Placing a variety of tattoos

donbcivil

If you're crazy, I am too. A few times I've sketched tattoo ideas on myself with eyeliner pencils and eye shadow. Before I booked my half sleeve I sketched one on myself when I was drunk and bored, made me decide to do it cause I liked how it looked. I'm not a tattoo artist so what I sketch will be different from the final result but it's a fun way to "test drive" the idea and channel my excitement.

Haha, phew, glad I'm in good company then! I wish it were warm so I could walk around in shorts and test it out, see how it looks, and then try it on the outside of my thighs. Might have to turn the heater on in the bathroom and hang out for a while in there.

@iowagirl & @graybones I have printed, resized, reprinted, cut out, and taped numerous images to my body. It never quite works in showing what it would look like as a tattoo since the paper is always awkward and the background is too white, but it gives some idea of how it could look and maybe more than anything works in getting me psyched!

Nope. That way, you can try them out and see if they'll look good to YOU.

True! It's only my opinion that counts! That's what gave me the idea of walking around w/the heads taped to my legs, to see if I liked it. I'm a mean wife and tell him I could give two shits what he thinks in the long run haha! It just gave me pause like oooo would it really be dorky looking? I *have* to have them tho, so they gotta go someplace, whether it be above my knees or the side of my leg.

- - - Updated - - -

@iowagirl & @graybones I have printed, resized, reprinted, cut out, and taped numerous images to my body. It never quite works in showing what it would look like as a tattoo since the paper is always awkward and the background is too white, but it gives some idea of how it could look and maybe more than anything works in getting me psyched!

More good company in the tattoo crazies-thank you! It's all I can do to not email the artist and talk about what I "see" in my head for the next few visits b/c I'm so excited.

- - - Updated - - -

I have definitely drawn on myself with sharpie to hash out future tattoo plans. Pain in the ass to get off though.

That's a good idea too...I'd probably end up w/just a couple smiley faces w/squiggly hair above my knees tho.

• 2 weeks later...

@TrixieFaux @graybones @iowagirl @cltattooing I draw on myself with eyeliner too! Phew. Like iowagirl said, I'm mostly doing it at the moment to make sure I don't pester my artist!