Hail

Petri Aspvik

Shit, I just saw this area of the forum...

Hmmm, my name is Petri Aspvik and I dont tattoo or ever plan to tattoo. I would be shit and I respect tattooing too much to tattoo. I practive Aikido (just over a year) and just started training with kettlebells. I take care of my mom as she is getting older and has all sorts of ilnessess. Shes not in a BAD shape, but not as good as she could be. So I do all the running errands, like go a to a bank, shop, what ever needs to be taken care off, help her in the shower if needed, sometimes cook, do the dishes.

I work 6 days a week, Tuesday-Sunday, in a museum. Part time.

I have a blog, I write in it and sometimes feel bad and start thinking that should I just not write it... Because I dont want to "blow out the cover of mystery" that is around tattooing. So I try to write "poetically" or some shit. Also I do interview for TAM, Swallows and Daggers and Tattoonow sometimes.

Got my first tattoo when I was 15. A Wu-Tang logo when I was in a group home of sorts. Got more shit tattoos after it and then have 3 good ones. Why only 3 you ask?

I have a nummular excema (and im low on cash most of the time) and had a reaction to brown ink last time I got tattooed. All else was fine in the tat, black, red, green. Dont know if the excema caused it, because they dont even know what caused the excema...

Nummular Eczema

And the skin doctor said that I must think long and hard if I get a tattoo again. She advices against it. The fucking irony, I tell you! :D

Really changes your outlook. To think, Iits possible I couldnt get a tattoo ever again. Fuck me... Well, thats life.

Hail and Metta

Hey mate,

fair play to you first of all for looking out for your mum ,my wife has been my carer for the last 10 years so i understand the incredible sacrifice and compassion u have displayed.

I have some artistic ability and great desire to learn to tattoo but i applaud your frankness regarding your own aspirations as it must seem a fashionable career of choice of late.

It's a shame your health impedes you adorning yourself with more art but obviously your passion for tattoo appreciation is in no way dimmed maybe you will find it intensified.If I had better health and or cashflow i would need at least 5 backpieces or backs for that matter by now -and i'm only just getting started .Consider your situation a bit like window shopping which can also be fun and ever evolving .

More power to you in your fitness endeavours ,the kettlebells at least present a whole new world of body modification to u .If you fancy a chat about training i'm a former personal trainer with over 20 years in the fitness industry and although i can't train so much anymore i would love to help you.So try to not too discouraged because my situation led me here ...

Hey Kyle! I read that you have a fibromyalgia. My mom has it also as she does other ilnessess such as Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (which requires her to use an oxygen mask, or the little "wing" masks that you just put in your nose) and other stuff too. Im so sorry that you have fibromyalgia :( Its a horrible thing to have.

That is cool that you used to be a personal trainer! At the moment in really into stuff that Martin Rooney (a great article! T NATION | 11 Myths of Warrior Training) and also Pavel Tsatsoulines stuff. Did you train any specific athletes yourself?

And I'm keeping my hopes up and mind positive about the tattoo thing. Hopefully I can get tattooed at some point again. And yes, it has opened new doors so to speak, when you start to think that maybe I can have like 2-3 tattoos still. Makes you really THINK what you would want to get-

Oh, and I forgot to add that I am allergic to p-Phenylenediamine p-Phenylenediamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is in black henna ink for example. So the doctor suspected that it would be in the color used (the brown or white), but that isnt certain. Her info seemed to be more about hennas than actual tattoo inks. And when we did a patch test for the colors (and they were in my skin for a week) they didnt cause anything, only the patch where there was p-Phenylenediamine. She says that maybe there is such a little amount in the inks, but, I dont know. I am skeptical. Anyone ever heard that inks have p-Phenylenediamine?

That Martin Rooney article is the business ,real good truthfull advice .I got started berfore the time when people thought weight-training made you musclebound lol,people thought it was for weirdos and down right didn't work.Their was no information available save for muscle magazines published as propaganda to sell certain supplements made by the magazine owner ,most people learned either through trial and error or gave up.

Stict with simple basic routines but train hard and with intensity as he says "It's like sushi;You go to Japan and sushi is beautiful simplicity,fish and rice .And it's incredible".

Im not so sold on the kettlebell guy i see them as more of a cardio workout or circuit type training as Martin Rooney states these are "effective tools but they should be used accordingly"Stick with the warrior training exercises and sprints to build explosive power speed and conditioning.

Pavel also talks about similar stuff as Martin, as far as I can tell. That you should train constantly but not to the point of exhaustion everytime. Like you have guys who go to the gym and after the work out cant walk for 4 days and just lay around and eath junk food (to over exaggerate) So, for example, according to Pavel.

You do simple weight lifting exercises, such as dead lifts. Do them with heavier weights, that you can do safely for example 5 repetitions. Then you call it quits, and do it again tomorrow. Or something else. Again, train so that you feel fresh after the work out, or as Steve Justa says that you should feel stronger after a work out. Then do something else again in the third day, then something in the 4th. etc. Same as Martin says when he talks about Frankie Edgar, that how he stays in shape for the whole year, all the time, and doesnt have a grueling 6 week camp before the fight. But stay in the groove all the time.

Pavel does the same with push ups etc., and calls it greasing the groove

RossTraining.com • View topic - Grease the Groove

Well, shit, its easy to say these things NOW. Like you said, back in the day when you did it, it must have been constant trial and error. Which is of course great for us younger guys, since you guys paved the way. Thanks for that :)

But, it is as you said

Stict with simple basic routines but train hard and with intensity as he says "It's like sushi;You go to Japan and sushi is beautiful simplicity,fish and rice .And it's incredible".

I plan on doing that. What was your special area of expertise? Did you train for example just basketball players, or everyone? Would be cool to hear :)

Read this interview by Pavel if you are interested. The man shoots straight, sometimes too straight maybe, but I like what he says

T NATION | Pavel Tsatsouline: The Evil Russian - Part 1

T NATION | Pavel Tsatsouline: The Evil Russian - Part 2

Hail a new year -One thing with your training is say u do deadlifts for example ,never repeat that bodypart ie back the next day or deadlift for that matter.U ONLY MAKE GAINS WITH PROPER REST AND RECOVERY IT,S AS IMPORTANT AS YOUR TRAINING.Yes staying in shape and getting stronger go hand in hand as your metabolism quickly adusts.

Pavel is right about bodybuilders generally although i know a few who can toss around that 500 lb bench he mentions !

love "climber has the legs of a flying squirrel,popeye forearms and legs of a starved chicken "