Newbie from the UK

Firebird

Hi all! I can across your site while researching a new tattoo :D

I have a small, bad tattoo that I got impulsively when I was a teenager! I didn't get any more done as my then boyfriend who I ended up marrying didn't like tattoos on women! I have now got rid of him and part of my treat will be to get some new tattoos! This time I am researching them properly!

Looking forward to browsing the forum :D

Welcome to LST!!! You'll find this is a great place to see and learn about some great tattoos and tattooers. Where in the UK do you live?

Hi all! I can across your site while researching a new tattoo :D

I have a small, bad tattoo that I got impulsively when I was a teenager! I didn't get any more done as my then boyfriend who I ended up marrying didn't like tattoos on women! I have now got rid of him and part of my treat will be to get some new tattoos! This time I am researching them properly!

Looking forward to browsing the forum :D

You have a serious amount of world class options in the UK. What kind of tattooing do you like? There are several forum goers here who would be happy to provide firsthand reviews of artist and shops/studios in the UK.

I am thinking of a black and grey phoenix to start with!

Im a northerner too!! have you been to Manchester tattoo convention or Manchester tattoo tea party? i would suspect not from what you've said? if so theyre well worth a visit!

I missed the tattoo tea party (wouldn't have been able to go that weekend anyway :() I am thinking of going to the convention, just trying to persuade a friend of mine to go with me so I am not just a lonely chick wandering around!

Im from Manchester too! Theres a few great studios around, Sacred Art in Chorlton is brilliant, Rain City in the centre of town is also great, Blue Blood is good, also a bit further afield but worth checking out is Octopus tattoo in Derby.

A couple of those have been recommended already on a different forum ;)

I am thinking of a black and grey phoenix to start with!

If you are williong to go to London, there are several options well worth the time and money.

Into You Tattoo & Piercing / London & Brighton - Location in Brighton and London

Frith Street Tattoo | World famous Frith street tattoo, custom tattoos situated in the heart of Soho, London. Walk ins welcome! - Several people here have work from several of the tattooers at Frith St. All world class options here.

Those are the two that come to mind. Kinda busy today so I can't get real deep into options. I recommend checking out those shops and their artists.

• 3 weeks later...
If you are williong to go to London, there are several options well worth the time and money.

Into You Tattoo & Piercing / London & Brighton - Location in Brighton and London

Frith Street Tattoo | World famous Frith street tattoo, custom tattoos situated in the heart of Soho, London. Walk ins welcome! - Several people here have work from several of the tattooers at Frith St. All world class options here.

Those are the two that come to mind. Kinda busy today so I can't get real deep into options. I recommend checking out those shops and their artists.

Thanks for the suggestions :D Firth Street are world class - one day I will get a tattoo from there!