East Coast Newbie

thedivs27

Hello all. After browsing the site for a few days I figured I'd finally join and get right to the point.

When I was 18, I ran to the local tattoo parlor and got a piece done on my back. The artist told me beforehand that the final product wouldn't look good but I was a dumb kid who wouldn't take no for an answer. A month or two later, I regretted it like I've never regretted anything else. Now at 21 years old and a college student my head is on straighter and I've been wondering what I should do about this big ugly thing on my back.

I'm not sure if it can be covered up, or if I'll have to laser it all off. So I decided to come here and ask advice from some of you. Picture attached.

Thanks in advance!

If lasering wasn't so expensive I might give it more thought. If it comes down to it, and an artist tells me I have to well I guess I'll have to suck it up and just do it. Though, finding someone who could do a coverup is the way I want to go, I'm not sure it's possible.

I'd honestly be down to get anything that would fully cover this garbage, I just feel like my options are limited because of it's size and how dark the black really is :/

You'll be surprised at what a good tattoo artist is able to do with a cover up. Although, I would think that most would advise you to do some lasering to lighten it. The good news is some of the best cover ups I've seen have been back pieces. @ian and @Scott R are proof of that. If you do your research, find an artist you love, and be patient, I believe you are in a good position to end up with a back piece you will be stoked on.