New girl from Canada

thatgirl

Hello there, I am new to this site and have found so much valuable information! I am from Canada and new to tattoos. What brought me to this site is my battle with my cover up, I made a HUGE mistake and covered a small light tattoo and the results were not good. I won't go into the details, and will eventually post pictures. I am in the process of laser removal, just completed my 7th session on May 11th. The tattoo placement is on my upper back between my shoulder blades. It is a dark design with windbars, and 2 purple lotus flowers. I am hopeful for the removal to allow for another attempt at a cover up. I have learned my lesson well, however feel that I did my homework before getting my cover up, just think our thoughts didn't match up. He also admitted to having a "bad day" and because of that I am wearing his bad art. I have gone over in my head hundreds of times how I could have avoided this, but other than not going with my gut feeling that day I think I did my homework well, it just did't work out. His portfolio was great, he was confident and worked at a very reputible shop, I think where I went wrong is I allowed him to much freedom and he didn't understand me. Anyways, enough about that....what is done is done.

Edited by thatgirl
get rid of thumbs down

I'm originally from the West Coast. I was born in Victoria, BC. I moved to Nova Scotia from Whitby, Ontario.

Well...what brings me to this site is, my wanting to get my first tattoo, and in doing research, I found this site and joined up.

Looking for any info and advice for a tattoo virgin. :) lol

I'm from Victoria as well! I hope to move back there. Wrist tattoo hey, I love those! Well you are doing the right thing before jumping into a tattoo. They are a commitment and you must pick the one that will be right for you for the rest of your life. I jumped into a back piece and was influenced by the artist too much, I didn't stick to my gut, and now I am in a big mess. I thought I was smarter than that, but I looked at him as the professional and he knew what was needed to cover my little tattoo...but he messed up! Don't rush in, take your time, and pick the right person. Best of luck!