Richard Stell could use your help

hogg

I don't claim to know him Richard and @Jennifer Stell well, but I first met Richard in 1991 at Scorpion Studios in Houston. Our paths crossed again in 2010 when he tattooed me at the SFO Convention. Ask anyone in the industry or who has ever been tattooed by him: Richard is a badass with a sharp wit, endless jokes, and a wry smile that'll win you over ever time. And it doesn't hurt that his art is legendary; he has truly developed a style all his own.

As many of you know have no doubt heard by now, Richard Stell suffered a heart attack a few days ago. He now needs open heart surgery, which is not a cheap procedure. If you're able to help out, even a little, I'm sure he'd appreciate it. To do so, you can PayPal rstellheart@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Just ordered myself a copy.

My tattooer told me a story about a convention he was at where the power tripped out in the last hours. Many people left with unfinished tattoos...except Mr. Stell's client. Apparently Mr. Stell spliced a USB cable and ran his machine off of a laptop battery to get the piece done. Super cool story :) Get well soon Mr. Stell!

Just ordered myself a copy.

My tattooer told me a story about a convention he was at where the power tripped out in the last hours. Many people left with unfinished tattoos...except Mr. Stell's client. Apparently Mr. Stell spliced a USB cable and ran his machine off of a laptop battery to get the piece done. Super cool story :) Get well soon Mr. Stell!

It's odd that you mentioned that, because I came across this video on youtube a couple hours ago :)

Saw this on TAM Blog, just passing it along.

Richard Stell Benefit... Richard Stell Benefit | TAM Blog

Richard Stell Benefit

Hello my name is Jason Freeman,

I’m trying to organize an event for the Stell’s. As you may know Richard recently suffered a heart attack and has been diagnosed with heart disease. This couldn’t have happened at a worse time for them as they are in the middle of opening their new shop Pair-O-Dice in Oklahoma. This event will be held June 15th, 2013. I’m asking everyone to work a normal day on the 15th, and send those profits from that one day’s work as a donation to the Stell’s via PayPal. The donation PayPal is: RStellHeart@gmail.com.

This way the donations will go directly to the Stell’s and I’m not the middle man or handling money. I know this may be rough for some to donate an entire day’s earnings, if you can’t do 100 percent then donate what you feel comfortable with. I will be making a poster for the event to be displayed on your Facebook and you can take that file from facebook and have it printed at your local copy place. It will be 11×17 standard size. Please contact me via text or phone call to get on the list as a participating tattooer or shop.

Anyone that is willing to participate please forward my information to other tattooers and shops who you think would be interested in participating…

Thank you and don’t forget to contact me: Jason Freeman Triumph Tattoo 241 West Second Street Reno, NV 89501 (775) 232-4484…

Confirmed tattooers and shops

Triumph Tattoo, Justin Shaw (Faith Tattoo) Max May (Faith Tattoo) Andy Chism(Faith Tattoo) Jesse Swanson (Faith Tattoo) Andy Sharpe (Faith Tattoo) Nate Glomb (Faith Tattoo) Dave Reed (Faith Tattoo) Sage O’Connell (Urban Art Tattoo) Noah Tanner, Mike Fite, Jef Wright, Ron Rash, Jason Fancher (Kustom Thrills Tattoo) Phil Duple, Kelly Krantz, Chris Arredondo, Timothy Hoyer, Joe Truck Kasher, Cory Lenherr, Tree-Lisa Neal, Andy Davis, Doc Cooper (Saint Tattoo) Henry Rodriguez (Oddball Tattoo) Steve Turner…

• 3 weeks later...