Chest pieces on ladies.

hollyjoybee

Hi folks.

I'm gathering some opinions and information on ladies with chest pieces. I would really like a phaorohs horses chest piece however I'm hesitant for some reason. Firstly my mum would hate it (but I'm 27.. Should it matter?)

Secondly ladies who have chest pieces - did it drastically change how you appeared ? That sounds like a ridiculous question.

I don't have any torso tattoos. My backs a no go , after twins and two other kids my tummys a no go.

If I'm going to actually make the jump fr a chest piece I want it to be a fabulous one.

Has anyone ever drawn on themselves to get used to it or am I just totally mental ?

Has anyone ever drawn on themselves to get used to it or am I just totally mental ?

If I had any artistic talent at all, I would totally do this before each of my tattoos, mental or not!

I'm also interested in the replies you'll get because, though it is probably a while away, I'm thinking my next spot to cover might be on the front of me.

Ah, someting about a Lady with a full chest-piece...

A positive something ? If I'm going to go for it I want it to be pretty spectacular.

This might well be tmi but I'm not very large breasted at all so my thinking is this may cause slightly less 'distortion' to the piece as I age ?!

A positive something ? If I'm going to go for it I want it to be pretty spectacular.

This might well be tmi but I'm not very large breasted at all so my thinking is this may cause slightly less 'distortion' to the piece as I age ?!

Well, at least the design won't end-up lower than it started! Positive, yes indeed...

Hi folks.

Secondly ladies who have chest pieces - did it drastically change how you appeared ? That sounds like a ridiculous question.

I have a pharaoh's horses chest piece! I worried vaguely about the change in appearance, too--and honestly it kinda does drastically change the way you look. It's a really eye-catching location, and was definitely the piece that made me consider myself heavily tattooed. That said, it didn't take me any time at all to get used to it--I'd wanted it for ages, so it just looked natural to me. May have taken other folks some getting used to. It is also hard to cover (mine hits above the collar bones) without looking a little conservative. I fucking love it, though.

I also definitely drew on a stick figure pharaoh's horses a couple times, too.

Hi folks.

I'm gathering some opinions and information on ladies with chest pieces. I would really like a phaorohs horses chest piece however I'm hesitant for some reason. Firstly my mum would hate it (but I'm 27.. Should it matter?)

I don't have any torso tattoos. My backs a no go , after twins and two other kids my tummys a no go.

If I'm going to actually make the jump fr a chest piece I want it to be a fabulous one.

It's a big step no doubt, I would say getting a chest piece is almost like getting a neck tattoo for a girl, in the sense that it's going to be visible the majority of time. I don't know if drawing stuff on you will give you the full effect of what it will be like.

I would say if you do do it. (Yes I know I said do do) push it out a little bit, maybe make it a next year goal to get started. I know I don't really know you that well, but I can tell you have been on a terror to get tattooed because of personal things in your life, and you have been getting some really nice ones. I am not one to talk about getting tattoos on a whim, but visible spots deserve some consideration. If time passes and it still seems like a good idea, then it was probably a good idea all along. Regardless you seem to do good picking tattoos and tattooers so I think the piece will look good.

I have been struggling similarly with getting my hands done. I toy with the idea of doing my knuckles and then I was convinced I should do the spots above my thumbs and then I was like well I might as well just dive in and not half ass it, but as of right now I am not doing anything cause I am not 100 convinced. Plus most of the people who tattoo me, either have no hand tattoos or have had them lasered off, maybe I lack balls to ask them to tattoo my hands.

@semele that's really helpful - thanks. I don't have a desire to appear untatttooed and work self employed and anticipate doing so for my whole life. Being the only trade I have !

I've seen a few pharaohs horses design that come down between the breasts to the sternum and up to kind of should/collar. I'm gonna go buy me a sharpie tomorrow. Might try and persuade my ten year old to draw it for me haha

- - - Updated - - -

@David Flores yup I totally hear ya. It's not something I'm aiming for in the next while for sure. I was actually just talking to the guys in the shop I go to today and the verdict was I'm definitely trying to completely disassociate from my 'old self' and it's definitely time to stop and enjoy the ones I have without always healing new ones.

@semele that's really helpful - thanks. I don't have a desire to appear untatttooed and work self employed and anticipate doing so for my whole life. Being the only trade I have !

I've seen a few pharaohs horses design that come down between the breasts to the sternum and up to kind of should/collar. I'm gonna go buy me a sharpie tomorrow. Might try and persuade my ten year old to draw it for me haha

- - - Updated - - -

@David Flores yup I totally hear ya. It's not something I'm aiming for in the next while for sure. I was actually just talking to the guys in the shop I go to today and the verdict was I'm definitely trying to completely disassociate from my 'old self' and it's definitely time to stop and enjoy the ones I have without always healing new ones.

I have a big Pharoh's horses project that I have been planning for awhile, but probably not going to happen for a bit, with any luck we could both be getting one, although mine is a continuation of my back piece.

I have a big Pharoh's horses project that I have been planning for awhile, but probably not going to happen for a bit, with any luck we could both be getting one, although mine is a continuation of my back piece.

See if I was able to have a back piece this would just solve so many issues.

As an aside i would love to have my hands tattooed.

@hollyjoybee, I do not have a chest peice, just a tattoo that inches it's way onto my chest. Any normal girl shirts dont cover more than half of her face. It's a cool tattoo and I love it, but to have a tattoo on your chest (as a woman) opens you up to some definitely interesting experiences. After having my tattoo now for 6 months, I can definitely say I would never get a full chest piece, if this is what it is like to have a tattoo that comes in onto your chest.

So, to round out my confessional, do what you please, but I'd suggest giving it time. Draw that fucker on once a week, put on your lowest cut shirt, see how you feel, then put on a normal shirt, see how you feel. If you still dig the idea in 6,7,8 months time, then go and get it done.

Plus, getting tattooed is a journey, not a race. I know you've been getting a lot of tattoos lately, and with something as big of a commitment as a chest peice, (whereas with your arm and leg tattoos, they can be easily covered), you need a bit of simmer time on that idea.

On one more note, im glad you made this thread, I talked about it in the chest peice thread. definitely should post up images of women's chestpieces to ogle and admire and maybe inspire you!

As a side effect of my work I've seen the fronts of many, many an aged woman and I'd have to say that you're out of luck here. Gravity will win in the end every time.

Sorry.

It's a big step no doubt, I would say getting a chest piece is almost like getting a neck tattoo for a girl, in the sense that it's going to be visible the majority of time. I don't know if drawing stuff on you will give you the full effect of what it will be like.

I would say if you do do it. (Yes I know I said do do) push it out a little bit, maybe make it a next year goal to get started. I know I don't really know you that well, but I can tell you have been on a terror to get tattooed because of personal things in your life, and you have been getting some really nice ones. I am not one to talk about getting tattoos on a whim, but visible spots deserve some consideration. If time passes and it still seems like a good idea, then it was probably a good idea all along. Regardless you seem to do good picking tattoos and tattooers so I think the piece will look good.

I have been struggling similarly with getting my hands done. I toy with the idea of doing my knuckles and then I was convinced I should do the spots above my thumbs and then I was like well I might as well just dive in and not half ass it, but as of right now I am not doing anything cause I am not 100 convinced. Plus most of the people who tattoo me, either have no hand tattoos or have had them lasered off, maybe I lack balls to ask them to tattoo my hands.

I just wanted to quote this and thank David for posting it. It's a great example of what I love about LST: it's not preachy or condescending, but it is sound, thoughtful advice. Thanks for posting it.

As a 48 year old woman (with a 72 year old mother) I can say that the skin on my chest has degraded quite a bit and the skin on my mother's chest has degraded quite a bit more. By degraded I mean it is spotty with dark spots that have too much pigmentation and white spots that have lost pigmentation plus a general redness for some unknown reason probably having to do with being of Scandanavian descent and living in California. Not sure what that would mean for a tattoo, but more does happen to the chest than just sagging of tits.