Roller derby fans?

donbcivil

Wondered who else out there might be a roller derby fan.

I just started attending bouts in Everett, Washington a bit over a year ago.

Most of the players who have been playing a little while seem to have tattoos. Seems like a fun crossover...

I like it, but we don't go much. Do you remember (or did you ever see) the roller derby reality show "Rollergirls" about the team in Austin? My husband and I watched it but I think it only lasted one season. It was one of the better "reality" shows in my opinion.

Last year we took our daughter to a bout here in LA, to see the Derby Dolls. She was only 4 and thought it was too noisy in the main room. We spent most of our time in the room next to it, where they were selling things and there was a punk rock cover band that turned out to be quite fun. Somehow the bout was too noisy, but the loud punk band was just fine for her...she befriended some people in that room and got them to dance with her.

And yes, there were tons of tattoos to be seen there, both in the crowd and on the players. And some pretty good ones!

I like it, but we don't go much. Do you remember (or did you ever see) the roller derby reality show "Rollergirls" about the team in Austin? My husband and I watched it but I think it only lasted one season. It was one of the better "reality" shows in my opinion.

Last year we took our daughter to a bout here in LA, to see the Derby Dolls. She was only 4 and thought it was too noisy in the main room. We spent most of our time in the room next to it, where they were selling things and there was a punk rock cover band that turned out to be quite fun. Somehow the bout was too noisy, but the loud punk band was just fine for her...she befriended some people in that room and got them to dance with her.

And yes, there were tons of tattoos to be seen there, both in the crowd and one the players. And some pretty good ones!

I haven't seen Rollergirls...don't really watch reality TV much, the ddddrama irritates me too much. And there are so many quality shows that have been squeezed off the air.

The derby near us is in a community college gym and I've helped a bit with floor setup/teardown hoping I eventually make friends in the community. Not super loud, my daughter's got a little bit of Aspergers going on and she enjoyed the environment.

My sister is captain of a team in essex\England. It's like being at a tattoo convention when I go to watch, they love there tattoos.

The London Roller Girls (I think the team is London Brawling) have a team coming here to play Seattle area teams next week. I'm going. :)

We have an awesome roller derby here in Cincinnati. I love watching the girls and have even thought of joining myself.

The sport is fun and I don't go for many team sports.

Still trying to fit into the community. I've been volunteering with setup/teardown and my wife has just started going to bouts with me (she's been in school mode).