this forum is the friendliest "tattoo" forum around

I looked at some other online discussion tattoo forums for a while,

and most of them were just filled with negative rude people,

online discussion forums are not new to me,I have belonged to computer/home theater/audio video/canine,etc,etc,a couple for 10 years now,

so thanks to all here for making this one a friendly,enjoyable,& comfortable place to hangout.

I was promised a complimentary cake-basket upon joining. All of your kittens will be held hostage until our demands have been met.

It's been nice to have a great resource at hand which promotes communication within a community, and also helps newer people like me hopefully get better tattoos :)

Thanks!

I think the most important lesson I learned from LST is normal, "boring", everyday people are usually the ones getting the awesome tattoos from talented artists. Before coming here I had the silly idea that only creative types with interesting jobs and exciting lives got the best tattoos.

From what I see in real life, besides on tattooers, the best tattoos I see tend to be on construction workers. Seen some really nice sleeves on bus drivers too.

I will have to agree with this even being a mod on one of those grumpy forums. I just wish this place was more open to other tattoos then traditional tattoos. A well done tattoo is a well done tattoo whether it is traditional or tribal or realism or trash polka.

10000000% agree. A great tattoo is a great tattoo.

and please dont bash cris garvers rate on this forum. OR ELSE!!!!!!

its not about bashing rates, it's the fact we do not discuss prices around here. leads to arguments like the one you had. not saying you were right or wrong, but the best way to prevent those things is not to talk about them. Sorry you're still sore over it

• 2 years later...

BUMP.

Re-reading this thread and then reading several recent threads made me realize that the level of discourse has fallen around here. I didn't start this site, but I've been here since the beginning, and everything that @SacramentoDan said in this thread's first post is what I loved/still love about it. If you wanna find strangers being rude to each other on the Internet, go to literally any other forum. LST is different, and as a moderator, I'll ask that you respect and help to maintain that difference. I've met several of you in real life and have really enjoyed getting to know you a little better. Some of you are now real world friends (imagine that). If one of us had made a shitty comment to the other online, we'd both be less inclined to want to meet in the first place.

If there's a poster you don't like, put them on ignore. Have a snide comment typed out that is guaranteed to lower the level of discourse/add nothing? Feel free to delete it. If someone's really out of line, trust that the other mods and I will gladly swing the banhammer.

Thanks.

I've met several of you in real life and have really enjoyed getting to know you a little better. Some of you are now real world friends (imagine that). If one of us had made a shitty comment to the other online, we'd both be less inclined to want to meet in the first place.

Best part of being on LST, and one of the best parts of being a human actually, has been meeting some of you in real life. I adore everyone of you I communicate with (past and present). Believe it it or not, we talk about LST in our conversations via text, via Facebook, and in person. I know I have not been active in a while (life son!) but I intend to try harder. Thank you LST for being there in so many major moments I've experienced.

• 11 months later...