Pyromaniac tattoos

Mike Clayton

Is there any good pyro tats. Like anything to deal with fire. I would love to get a pyro tat on my leg and the horror tat on the other side of my leg. I am a huge pyromaniac. And I really think it would be cool to have something with fire I have always wanted something with fire just dont know what.

There's a whole section of this forum dedicated to tattoo designs, try looking in there. Go to a bookstore or library and look in art books. I know you didn't like people busting your balls about your tattoo, but getting good tattoos requires doing some work researching artists, looking at reference, learning about tattoos, art, and design and while this forum is a great resource and starting point, the onus is on you to do something with it. Nobody here is interested in holding your hand through the whole process.

There's a whole section of this forum dedicated to tattoo designs, try looking in there. Go to a bookstore or library and look in art books. I know you didn't like people busting your balls about your tattoo, but getting good tattoos requires doing some work researching artists, looking at reference, learning about tattoos, art, and design and while this forum is a great resource and starting point, the onus is on you to do something with it. Nobody here is interested in holding your hand through the whole process.

Trust me dude I don't want anyone holding my hand and I do research im not just a person who goes into a shop to get one. I researched that guy i got my first one and he had some good work. so i figured why not. I know i have to look around I am no a dumbass.

Based upon their Facebook pics, I would personally steer clear of that shop.

Okay yeah I was told by a friend they do good work. But I would rather listen to the people here you guys know exactly what your talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been looking at a couple places and have been told to go to a couple places

1 of them is here http://goldenspiraltattoo.com/seangallery1.php I don't know who work I like the best I like same king and luke

2 is a place called https://www.facebook.com/FivePointsTattoos I was told to go to jason

3rd place is called https://www.facebook.com/wildfiretattoostudio I was told to see Tap he is actually one of moms friend cousin in law.

I, personally, would steer clear of options 2 and 3 of the links you posted. Nothing in those facebook galleries looks very good.

I have a couple of really shitty tattoos that I got from shops like those before I knew any better.

There is some nice stuff in the portfolios at Golden Spiral, so that seems the safest bet of those three.

Good luck, man.

I, personally, would steer clear of options 2 and 3 of the links you posted. Nothing in those facebook galleries looks very good.

I have a couple of really shitty tattoos that I got from shops like those before I knew any better.

There is some nice stuff in the portfolios at Golden Spiral, so that seems the safest bet of those three.

Good luck, man.

Here is better one than the facebook for option 2 Google

And only reason I was told to go to option 3 was because like I said it my moms friend cousin in law and she is like my 2nd mom or cool aunt lmao. And who would you say is the best or you liked the most at golden spiral?

What I was trying to get at earlier in this thread is that you need to be able to develop the skills to look through those pictures and be able to tell yourself what is or isn't good tattooing.

Guen Douglas wrote a great guide on how to assess a portfolio for the Tattoo Artist Magazine blog, read it: Guen Douglas: How to Properly Examine a Tattoo Portfolio | TAM Blog

Read the thread here about http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/2396-what-makes-good-tattoo.html

Look at the tattoos posted here in the Latest Tattoo Lowdown, in the monthly contests, and compare and contrast them with the work those shops are putting out.

What I was trying to get at earlier in this thread is that you need to be able to develop the skills to look through those pictures and be able to tell yourself what is or isn't good tattooing.

Guen Douglas wrote a great guide on how to assess a portfolio for the Tattoo Artist Magazine blog, read it: Guen Douglas: How to Properly Examine a Tattoo Portfolio | TAM Blog

Read the thread here about http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/2396-what-makes-good-tattoo.html

Look at the tattoos posted here in the Latest Tattoo Lowdown, in the monthly contests, and compare and contrast them with the work those shops are putting out.

Thanks dude I have been into tattoo for awhile now I have sen all the shows they have on tv and this deff gave me some idea.

although not true television, I'd like to take this moment to mention The Gypsy Gentleman (Marcus Kuhn's - The Gypsy Gentlemen - Home) and Vice's Tattoo Age (Tattoo Age | VICE). Both very educational shows, and a true testament to how tv and tattoos ought to come together.

True love is also pretty fantastic...although not entirely in English. Most of it is, but there is some narration in Italian.

I'm also on my third time going back through the interviews on this site, which have been invaluable as far as consciousness raising about good tattooing and how to be respectful of it as craft and art from a client's perspective.

True love is also pretty fantastic...although not entirely in English. Most of it is, but there is some narration in Italian.

I'm also on my third time going back through the interviews on this site, which have been invaluable as far as consciousness raising about good tattooing and how to be respectful of it as craft and art from a client's perspective.

Oh man, how cool! Great series, I look forward to watching more. And yeah, the LST interviews are gold. I'd like to download them to have for archival's sake, I'm not sure if that's possible with youtube videos though.

@Mike Clayton unfortunately, those shows are pretty terrible examples of tattooing and are hypersensationalized for entertainment value and ratings. I'd start with the shows I mentioned before, along with the interviews on this site, and the show True Love that tacitapproval posted. All very personal and genuine takes on tattoo history and the process of getting tattooed/making tattoos.