Pyromaniac tattoos

Mike Clayton

Oh man, how cool! Great series, I look forward to watching more. And yeah, the LST interviews are gold. I'd like to download them to have for archival's sake, I'm not sure if that's possible with youtube videos though.

@Mike Clayton unfortunately, those shows are pretty terrible examples of tattooing and are hypersensationalized for entertainment value and ratings. I'd start with the shows I mentioned before, along with the interviews on this site, and the show True Love that tacitapproval posted. All very personal and genuine takes on tattoo history and the process of getting tattooed/making tattoos.

I know they are terrible but I still like them I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you do us all a huge favor by 1) stop watching those shows and 2) make an effort to type out full words when posting.

Yes I will. And I know I just like watching them for entertainment

Entertainment is entertainment, and nobody can knock ya for that. But just recognize it as such and don't base your personal tattoo decisions on what people in suits think makes good television. I think the best advice that I can give you in terms of getting good tattoos is to spend your time with and take your advice from people who are successful tattooers and collectors. People who really spend a good chunk of their lives around tattooing, those are the people who can give you the best advice. Not TV, not magazines, not your mom's friend's cousin in law.

And I'm really not trying to rag on you dude. I just think you might have a lot of really popularized ideas about what quality tattooing is, and I think a lot of it has to do with the rock star edge that pop culture has spun onto tattooers and the way that tattooing is represented to the masses.

Entertainment is entertainment, and nobody can knock ya for that. But just recognize it as such and don't base your personal tattoo decisions on what people in suits think makes good television. I think the best advice that I can give you in terms of getting good tattoos is to spend your time with and take your advice from people who are successful tattooers and collectors. People who really spend a good chunk of their lives around tattooing, those are the people who can give you the best advice. Not TV, not magazines, not your mom's friend's cousin in law.

And I'm really not trying to rag on you dude. I just think you might have a lot of really popularized ideas about what quality tattooing is, and I think a lot of it has to do with the rock star edge that pop culture has spun onto tattooers and the way that tattooing is represented to the masses.

True. And that is also why I am here to ask the best and get more info and discuss with everyone you know?

Awesome, well power to ya! And definitely check out those shows, especially the Gypsy Gentleman. Really quality stuff.

Oh, and if you have a smartphone or tablet, be sure to download Tattoo Culture Magazine from the app store/google play. It's free!

I will thanks man. And who doesnt have a smartphone nowadays just sayin.

Okay back to the the tats. I think I have found a awesome reference pic. I will not get the same exact one but I am gonna give this pic to an artist and see what he/she can come up with.

maybe post the artist's name and give him/her credit for the picture you posted.

maybe post the artist's name and give him/her credit for the picture you posted.

Sorry I found it on google. It is Jamie Parker from MD Tattoo Studio Northridge CA

- - - Updated - - -

You want the Phoenix to be done realistically check out Deran Hall,he's got a private shop in Greensboro.

Instagram

I have been looking at him my friend went there and got a whole chest piece and told me I should check him out.

Wow its the first result on google image search results..........

Yeah I and I have been looking up other and I can't find any other I really like. I am not gonna get the same thing I am gonna give this to whoever artist I choose and say do with it what you like.

• 3 weeks later...