Raised dots

Wannabe

Hi guys. This is my second tattoo, so I'm still a bit of a beginner at this. So my tattoo has these little white dots in it. The tattoo is three months old, and should be fine. I have one other tattoo, that did not have the same problems, even though it's right next to this one, and they are in the same color. The white dots are not color specific - they are evenly all over the tattoo. The area is my inner bicep - and I have a lot of stretchmarks there - could that have anything to do with it?

I will of cause talk to my tattoer about it, but thought you guys might know something! Help a worried young man! :)

Hi guys. This is my second tattoo, so I'm still a bit of a beginner at this. So my tattoo has these little white dots in it. The tattoo is three months old, and should be fine. I have one other tattoo, that did not have the same problems, even though it's right next to this one, and they are in the same color. The white dots are not color specific - they are evenly all over the tattoo. The area is my inner bicep - and I have a lot of stretchmarks there - could that have anything to do with it?

I will of cause talk to my tattoer about it, but thought you guys might know something! Help a worried young man! :)

they might be little pimples. possibly caused by clogging the pores with too much lotion. I get little pimples with whiteheads on my tattoos pretty regularly, I think I get them every where on my body but they are just more noticeable on the tattooed skin.

they might be little pimples. possibly caused by clogging the pores with too much lotion. I get little pimples with whiteheads on my tattoos pretty regularly, I think I get them every where on my body but they are just more noticeable on the tattooed skin.

I barely used any lotion on this tattoo, so I doubt that is the case - could be though. Mine are only on the tattoo, you can simply feel where the tattoo starts and ends because of the dots.

I also get little white dots in my tattoos, usually ones with red in them(although not always in the red). I think they're just a natural reaction to a foreign substance in the skin. Mine are calcium deposits, they don't ooze if I pop them, they're just these little white beads that pop up every so often. I'm no doctor or anything, but it would be helpful to see a picture that isn't blurry.

edit: come to think of it, the only place I've ever gotten them was my inner biceps as well... hm

Im tatted all over the place from neck down, and the only place I ever had the white dots is my inner left bicep.

The only thing different about that tattoo ( besides being the best 1 i have ) is that the artist used dry aftercare.

Instead of A&D, aquaphor or a brand name aftercare, my tattoo was wrapped up dry beneath saran wrap and suffocated for 48 hours. This is the cleanest heal of any tattoo on my body.

About 6-8 weeks later i had the white bumps exactly as described above. I think they went away after about 2-3 weeks.

Funny part is that its a tattoo of a fish and the white bumps looked like "ick", a parasite that appears as white bumps on fish =)

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on the situation: Still got the bumps, although they seem to get smaller by the day. Haven't really been nervous about it, but it will be nice to see them go. I might just have horrible skin I think! Now I can't wait to the fall, where the sun doesn't shine, and I can get tattooed again! :p