LST newbie + new tattoo spreading?

lynne

Hi everyone,

I'm new (clearly) to LST and also got my first tattoo last week. I've recently become very keen on tattoos and have three more that I intend on getting done within the next couple weeks. The first one was just an impulsive decision because I couldn't wait any longer until my appointments with carefully selected artists for the more elaborate tattoos I want done... can't explain it, I was just consumed by the need.

The reason I found this forum was I am worried my aftercare for my tattoo is not working properly / I think my tattoo ink is spreading and am wondering if that has to do with aftercare. The artist said to leave the bandage on for 4 hours then wash it with normal soap and then do nothing (no creams, ointments, etc) other than wear loose cloths avoid soaking in water or the sun for a couple weeks. I am worried the letter n is blending together along the bottom and I am pretty sure it didn't look like this a week ago when I got it done. Is it possible poor aftercare caused it / could I fix it? Also the tattoo is dry and flaky so I feel like I should use some lotion...

Any thoughts? I attached a photo..

Lynne

Thanks everyone for the advice; it's good to know any blending of ink is not related to a lack of lotion but rather just what the tattoo looks like at this stage in healing (which I take it is what was meant by 'chill and wait')

Also, killercook I have so many control issues :p you have no idea...