Opinions wanted on these guys for black/grey work (UK)

Firebird

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm a newbie!

I am looking to get a black/grey phoenix on my back (with a small amount of colour)

I have had some suggestions and been to some shops to chat to some guys but being a newbie to all this (finding a decent artist! my first tattoo was an impulsive walk in years ago and it is crap) I am not sure what I am looking for!

My first choice before I started looking around was this guy:- Adam Pekr https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150285110274157.333475.22647969156&type=3

But then someone suggested Jordan https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.316770695028235.75065.178264592212180&type=3

Which one would you choose? What should I be looking for in a good tattoo?

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Looks like your search is focused in the Manchester area... How about Danny Rossiter at Rain City?

I looked at his work but it isn't the style I am after for this tattoo. (He does some awesome stuff though!)

Thanks - I shall have a read through that.

i would either go color or all black n grey.. For a phoenix definitely all color..

I should have been clearer - the phoenix is black and grey and there are other parts of the design which are colour.

• 4 weeks later...

If you would like a nice Phoenix I highly recommend Richard Pinch in Aberdeen this guy is a legend works with the likes of filip leu and henning, a real legend in the UK. You also have horikitsune in London this man apprenticed under horioshi III for god sake, absoloutly killing it !! And also Stuart Robson at frith St this guys killin it amazing all rounder and one hell of a guy! I mean it when I say all rounder there's not much this guys can't do at the highest level!! Makes me wana quit man!!!

Hope iv helped these artists are the best of the best and who I believe will give you the best Phoenix

Remember there's nothing wrong with travelling for a good tattoo

Hope iv helped

Ollie

• 2 months later...