Can't Decide!!!

HaydenRose

I have a consult at the end of the month with Rose Hardy and I'm having difficulty deciding on what to get, so what better way to get help than from strangers on the Internet?! :) I really refrained from this for a LONG time, but with the consult only 2ish weeks away, I'm getting more and more desperate to nail down a direction for the tattoo.

I know I want:

-A lady head

-A "strong, confident" lady head (I've been doing a lot of advocacy for women over the past few years and want to wake up to a strong woman everyday to give me confidence- woo girl power!)

-Flowers incorporated (I love Rose Hardy's almost metallic-like roses)

I can't decide if I want:

-A lady head with a wolf (not a headdress, more like a companion- placed underneath the lady head)

OR

-A "mother nature" lady head and just have flowers, branches, leaves, and lots of hair

My approach has been to look at Rose Hardy's work and note elements I like from tattoos she's done in the past, but its so hard to decide between all that amazing ness! I'm still considering just giving her options and letting her pick the one she would rather do/thinks would come out the best.

This will be going on my thigh and be about a 6 hour tattoo (to give an idea of size).

Thoughts?

Personally I would go for the noble wolf. Since it represents the fight, and empowerment in which we strive for everyday...

Flowers, leaves etc. are a little too traditional for 'femininity'. But that's my take on that particular symbolism.

Of course in the end it's what you would love to look at everyday and what will motivate you!

Personally I would go for the noble wolf. Since it represents the fight, and empowerment in which we strive for everyday...

Flowers, leaves etc. are a little too traditional for 'femininity'. But that's my take on that particular symbolism.

Of course in the end it's what you would love to look at everyday and what will motivate you!

That's kind of how I feel too. The only reason I was considering floral-y stuff was because its timeless and, well, feminine. But I love her animal tattoos, especially the wolves she's done.

maybe you can incorporate a person or women that has had a strong influence in your life into the tattoo the artist can work well with an image you provide and allow the artist to do the artistic modification with the image so it works with the tattoo style your looking for

- - - Updated - - -

the focal point would be the women's image so allow the artist to put the other details together for ya

Personally, I think a bad ass suffragist woman with a wolf would be tight. We owe so much to them, they were beaten, put in jail, considered crazy, force fed when they went on hunger strikes... yet here we are, we can vote, and they opened the door for later women's movements. plus you can give her bitchin' hair.

Personally, I think a bad ass suffragist woman with a wolf would be tight. We owe so much to them, they were beaten, put in jail, considered crazy, force fed when they went on hunger strikes... yet here we are, we can vote, and they opened the door for later women's movements. plus you can give her bitchin' hair.

Now you're giving me more ideas to choose from!! Ahhhh :)

Both of your ideas sound pretty killer... I think there is strength in femininity so, nothing wrong with flowers, etc. in my opinion. But wolves are amazing and beautiful sooooo...yeah, I'm not much help.

I would go w/what you said--tell Rose your ideas and let her do the rest, she is amazing, your tattoo will be amazing. Can't wait to see it.

Btw...I'm battling some of this type of indecision of my own and considering posting about it here, too...but I'll mull it over a little more first.

LOVE both ideas. I agree with telling her both and letting her run with whatever. When I have a pretty vague idea, I am also a fan of just giving some helpful adjectives like you've done above - like you want her to feel tough and strong - without necessarily worrying about the details since I don't have them in my head clearly, because maybe she'll come up with something that captures what you want that you would never have thought of!

Btw...I'm battling some of this type of indecision of my own and considering posting about it here, too...but I'll mull it over a little more first.

Post away! I was worried this post was going to be pointless because its eventually my own decision, but so far every one has been helpful. People need support, critique, fresh ideas, etc. when coming up with an idea sometimes.

I'm thinking of giving Rose some options, but leaning a little more towards the wolf idea... We will see what happens...

Sometimes it's nice just to talk about it "out loud". Never know when a conversation will spark something. I do love the Gibson girl thought mentioned earlier. That's the type of face I pictured in my head at first reading the initial post..but w/the twigs and flowers just b/c I'm drawn to that, I like nature.

I think I'm going to show Rose this in progress painting Mel Muntean posted on Instagram. It's the exact placement/layout I was thinking of.

I can't f'in wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Rose Hardy is in NYC often enough isn't she, like once a year or so? Get one now and get the other on her next trip over. That way you don't really have to decide between two equally great ideas.

This is true. And I'm like 75% sure I want to get another lady head on the other thigh (love the look) so this will probably happen :)

• 2 weeks later...