In Memory Tattoo

blujax01

I lost my younger brother (Dumbass OD'd) 6 years ago. I would like to have a tattoo in the American Traditional Style. Perhaps a dagger through a heart with banner(s) reading "My Little Brother My Best Friend" in Spanish. My Google-Fu says the translation is "Mi Hermanito - Mi Mejor Amigo" Can anyone confirm?

I want it in Spanish as my brother was perpetually pissed off that since he lived in L.A., he was expected to understand Spanish. It's a Brother Thing, you get it or you don't. lol

Perhaps use this flash as a starting point?

MiHermanoyMiMejorAmigo_zps2ce97c4f.jpg

Any help and or any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks, ~ Alan

Can't help you with the wording mate but I wanted to say it's a wicked idea! We put red roses down for my sis as she hated them :D Been trying to figure out the sibling thing for a while and I think you've nailed it with the brotherly "dig" if you get me? Sweet mate!

I think that technically the wording is right. There might be a street or "familiar" idiom phrase that gets the point across better . . .

Do you have an artist in mind, yet?

I'm in Columbus and looking at Justin at Fate Tattoo near OSU. If there's an idiom that would be what I would like to know. Not acquainted enough with any Latinos to ask. (shrug)

As far as flash, there's never anything wrong with starting with some of the Sailor Jerry stuff. If the tattooer you end up working with has copies of the three books of Sailor Jerry flash that Ed Hardy published, there are some great examples of daggers going through a heart, like you described, in the second volume I think.

I don't own it personally, but I've paged through it a ton of times in various shops.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...