Horitomo Tattoo Cat Prints

post-1642-146168868928_thumb.jpg

Well this has been a great experience! When I contacted SOG in March, I emailed some ideas/elements I wanted to incorporate along with a photo of my black cat and my leg. I referenced a couple of elements from his book like the cat's expression on one page, the skinny snake from another page, and peonies. When I got there today I finally saw his drawing and it was just perfect immediately! Love at first sight. He used machines only which was fine by me. I love the way the cat and snake seem to be eyeing each other suspiciously with narrowed eyes... And here I am on the hotel bed with my feet kicked up watching ET. Stella is beside me wearing her new monmon cat (t-shirt) nightgown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[ATTACH]10884[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10885[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10886[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10887[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10888[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10889[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10890[/ATTACH]

Well this has been a great experience! When I contacted SOG in March, I emailed some ideas/elements I wanted to incorporate along with a photo of my black cat and my leg. I referenced a couple of elements from his book like the cat's expression on one page, the skinny snake from another page, and peonies. When I got there today I finally saw his drawing and it was just perfect immediately! Love at first sight. He used machines only which was fine by me. I love the way the cat and snake seem to be eyeing each other suspiciously with narrowed eyes... And here I am on the hotel bed with my feet kicked up watching ET. Stella is beside me wearing her new monmon cat (t-shirt) nightgown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love peonies and this might be my favorite Monmon Cat so far. Congrats!

@TrixieFaux - awesome! This one is really special - I love how the snake and cat look at each other. How long did the entire session take?

The only thing keeping me from being an actual crazy cat lady (or, well, having more than 2) is my sensible husband. But I sure am crazy about the 2 I have and all the ones in my past.

I was in the shop from 11am-4:45pm. The tattoo itself probably took 4.5 - 5 hours with one short break in the middle.

Team LST! Anyone on the fence, get off the fence and get to SOG!!! I couldn't even picture how the design would look with all the stuff I had mentioned and he found a way to put it all in and make it so elegant and beautiful. What a talent.

@Fala, I thought of you and felt bad about getting mine first... but you will get there!

It's okay @TrixieFaux - it was meant to be. We'll be in CA again in 2015 for my husband's tattoo, I'll get it done then :) The sketch was so perfect too, all I did was send him a list of "things about Norton" I felt he should know, and photos. Sigh.

We almost took home a cat I found in a triangular on/off ramp space in upstate NY last year. My husband refused to let me take him home (a little orange male kitten) so we brought him to the local shelter, he was gone within a week to a new home.

@TrixieFaux the cat looks great! My wife is planning on getting one from Horitomo and I may even throw one on my foot once he is done with my front piece.

Did he do any Tebori or was it all by machine?

Machine. At one point @DJDeepFried stopped by to visit and asked Horitomo, "So just machine today, no Tebori?" Horitomo looked at me and said, "You want Tebori?" with a little grin... I was like, "Nah, I'm good!" I would have gone either way, he chose machine and I am more than happy with that.

Machine. At one point @DJDeepFried stopped by to visit and asked Horitomo, "So just machine today, no Tebori?" Horitomo looked at me and said, "You want Tebori?" with a little grin... I was like, "Nah, I'm good!" I would have gone either way, he chose machine and I am more than happy with that.

This sounds like exactly the kind of thing @Graeme would do, and then I'd shoot him a dirty look. And he wouldn't notice.

@Pugilist has a story about how when she was getting her back worked on I asked Stephanie about tebori, because she's getting her back done by Shinji, and Steph then proceeded with an impromptu tebori demonstration with a machine on Pugilist's kidneys. I still haven't been forgiven for that one.

Ha she told us that story when we met up last month!

As for kitties we just about came home with brother and sister kittens today. They did their very best to charm @Mark Bee