Horitomo Tattoo Cat Prints

So today's Father's Day and my dad is celebrating the only way he knows best...by spending the day at the mah-jong parlor. My lady is working so that leaves me with a free day to my own devices to which I decided to mount and hang up the Horitomo cat prints I have accumulated. I love the entire series and the various ones that are not in print but posted on Horitomo's Instagram. Patiently waiting for more prints to come out and the much rumored book that collects all of the various tattoo cat incarnations. Hopefully one day I make it out to the west coast to get a tattoo cat from him...would be an awesome experience.

9061665186_00d37ed05e_o.jpg

So today's Father's Day and my dad is celebrating the only way he knows best...by spending the day at the mah-jong parlor. My lady is working so that leaves me with a free day to my own devices to which I decided to mount and hang up the Horitomo cat prints I have accumulated. I love the entire series and the various ones that are not in print but posted on Horitomo's Instagram. Patiently waiting for more prints to come out and the much rumored book that collects all of the various tattoo cat incarnations. Hopefully one day I make it out to the west coast to get a tattoo cat from him...would be an awesome experience.

9061665186_00d37ed05e_o.jpg

That sole empty spot must be killing you

;-)

Looks great! I've collected the same prints too and have been thinking how I can go about framing all my prints without making my place too cluttered up next to some existing ones.

@Lance @el twe : Definitely too be continued and I patiently wait for the next batch of prints to be available. Honestly wish some of Horitomo's earlier tattoo cats were available as prints. I loved the ones with the dragons and the rats!

Thanks @Pugilist ! I can't think of a better way to christen a new apartment then by hanging up some tattoo cats! I'm saving a spot on my wall for a future @Graeme cat print!

• 2 weeks later...
omg @ironchef, I just saw you won those Tattoo Culture Magazine prints on Instagram! They announced the winner, and I clicked on the person and immediately saw your photo of the cat prints and knew it was you. Congrats.

I'm completely BLOWN AWAY! I never win anything...ever. And here I was co-winner of last's month's "Tattoo of Month" contest and I thought, life is good and YAY! tattoo related too! This is right up there with the LST win, wow life is good indeed! I'm hoping I can drop by Saved and get Thomas Hooper to sign the one print! Thanks!

I'm completely BLOWN AWAY! I never win anything...ever. And here I was co-winner of last's month's "Tattoo of Month" contest and I thought, life is good and YAY! tattoo related too! This is right up there with the LST win, wow life is good indeed! I'm hoping I can drop by Saved and get Thomas Hooper to sign the one print! Thanks!

I'm pretty sure he moved to Texas or is moving very soon