Horitomo Tattoo Cat Prints

I wish I'd been lurking/paying attention earlier. My wife is pretty bummed she can't get her hands on those prints. Haha. Hopefully I'll be able to get one of the books for her!

I'm pretty sure you can still buy the top row at tattoo elite international or at the very least the first two in the row at SOG. Also, last I heard there may still be a few prints remaining from the second limited set (entire third row and center image in the fourth) that could be ordered from State of Grace too. Might be worth checking out their web page to see if it's still possible to purchase.

Oh wow, thanks! I had looked on the SOG site and there was no link of the "Available at" section. I just assumed they were sold out (I saw a post as of a week or two ago they were almost gone). But three of them are still up on Tattoo Elite International. I just picked up em!

Thanks @ironchef & @Lance! I was super bummed I missed out on the first set of four -- mostly because I loved the tebori cat one -- but I wouldn't have thought to look on Tattoo Elite International. @TrixieFaux & I just picked up those top three -- and I think I like those the best! For sure we want to get them framed & matted all classy-like like how you have 'em.

Thanks @ironchef & @Lance! I was super bummed I missed out on the first set of four -- mostly because I loved the tebori cat one -- but I wouldn't have thought to look on Tattoo Elite International. @TrixieFaux & I just picked up those top three -- and I think I like those the best! For sure we want to get them framed & matted all classy-like like how you have 'em.

The Tattoo Elite International ones are about 4x5 but on 8x10 paper (or something like that) so no matting necessary! Stick them in a frame and you're good.

We just got the second set of prints yesterday.. @Pugilist sent them to a friend in NYC because they don't ship internationally and she came up for a visit and brought them along...so now we're only missing one of the Tattoo Elite International prints. Going to get this apartment painted and then have a Horitomo cat wall of our own.

Our daughter told us we couldn't get the one with the skull on it. "No skulls!", she announced. We got it anyway. Bad parents. If it really freaks her out, we may have to put it aside for a bit until she grows out of this phase. @DJDeepFried was all, "But look honey, it's smiling, it's not scary, it's a cute happy skull!" Still no dice.

Our daughter told us we couldn't get the one with the skull on it. "No skulls!", she announced. We got it anyway. Bad parents. If it really freaks her out, we may have to put it aside for a bit until she grows out of this phase. @DJDeepFried was all, "But look honey, it's smiling, it's not scary, it's a cute happy skull!" Still no dice.

Hah, this is exactly why I don't have any spider tattoos. Or why most of my Michael Parks artwork is in the attic.

I think this is a flash forward into my future.

Yay, our TEI prints just got here, and they are sweet. Hey @ironchef -- where'd you get your frames or are those custom?

Bed Bath and Beyond. $19.99 for a package of 4! Sign up for their emails and text messages to get 20% off coupons and save even more. My additional "trick" is that they are not hung up on a conventional hook that goes into the wall. Rather, I bought some mounting tape (think velcro) and hung them up in that manner. Easier to align and cleaner looking as well. Bonus is the mounting tape is strong but if you change your mind, it won't damage your walls or the paint and comes off easily.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG I love this! I was lucky enough to get hold of these prints myself but haven't gotten them framed yet.. This is SO what I'm doing for my new appartment, for sure! And that book sounds like something I need to own aswell:) I dream of getting one tattooed on me one day, that would be an awesome experience indeed! :o

So today's Father's Day and my dad is celebrating the only way he knows best...by spending the day at the mah-jong parlor. My lady is working so that leaves me with a free day to my own devices to which I decided to mount and hang up the Horitomo cat prints I have accumulated. I love the entire series and the various ones that are not in print but posted on Horitomo's Instagram. Patiently waiting for more prints to come out and the much rumored book that collects all of the various tattoo cat incarnations. Hopefully one day I make it out to the west coast to get a tattoo cat from him...would be an awesome experience.

9061665186_00d37ed05e_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Bed Bath and Beyond. $19.99 for a package of 4! Sign up for their emails and text messages to get 20% off coupons and save even more. My additional "trick" is that they are not hung up on a conventional hook that goes into the wall. Rather, I bought some mounting tape (think velcro) and hung them up in that manner. Easier to align and cleaner looking as well. Bonus is the mounting tape is strong but if you change your mind, it won't damage your walls or the paint and comes off easily.

So, we did the BB&B frames and mounting tape just as @ironchef suggested and here are our 3 prints:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...