Horitomo Tattoo Cat Prints

So, looking at actual tattoos of the tattoed cats I noticed that most (all?) of them seem to have quite a bit of white ink in them....so far my understanding has been that white ink was a bit of a no-no due to quick discolouring/fading...

Am I mistaken or blind perhaps? Or do we not care in this case because the cats a just too cool (which they are of course)...?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, still trying to learn...

Example:

ad394b7ebc6c11e39a5b1215b53e370b_8.jpg

So, looking at actual tattoos of the tattoed cats I noticed that most (all?) of them seem to have quite a bit of white ink in them....so far my understanding has been that white ink was a bit of a no-no due to quick discolouring/fading...

Am I mistaken or blind perhaps? Or do we not care in this case because the cats a just too cool (which they are of course)...?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, still trying to learn...

I'm not an expert but, I think Horitomo does tebori, and it seems like white turns out a lot better with tebori. I saw this guy's arm in person, and while the white parts aren't new, they haven't discolored or faded.

Besides all of the objection to white tattoos I've seen is aimed at tattoos that are white only, not white tattoos with black outlines.

• 3 weeks later...
who got this? Instagram

Haha forget it, it was @Eilin of course, I knew it!

Sorry Eilin for jumping the gun on posting this, I'm just really happy for you & your awesome tattoo and all the more psyched for mine now..............

Can you tell me approx how many hours it took?

Ha ha @TrixieFaux, you beat me to it. I was just about to post a comment about it.

@Eilin, you win again. It's soooo soooooo good. Cheers to your awesome new tattoo!

I definitely think I will have to get another one of these

Yes thats mine indeed! Veery happy with it! And it matches my Bingham panther on my other leg too :) will post a better picture when Im back home.

He took his time, it's a very small tattoo and it took him aprox 4 hours! He is very meticulous about his cats! Hehe

He does do tebori, but he used machines on me, im happy he did. Can imagine it would take even longer with the tebori technique!

who got this? Instagram

Haha forget it, it was @Eilin of course, I knew it!

Sorry Eilin for jumping the gun on posting this, I'm just really happy for you & your awesome tattoo and all the more psyched for mine now..............

Can you tell me approx how many hours it took?

• 3 weeks later...

Still super bummed that I had to cancel my appointment a couple weeks ago thanks to the cold that won't go away. And, I neglected to get a t-shirt and/or print and/or book while I was at the shop for my consult.

Just bought another print and the book, signed. Can't get these beauties out of my mind.

Oooooo, it arrived in the mail today! Well, actually TWO signed copies arrived. Somehow I must have been mucking around with the shopping cart with different browsers and not realized I had put 2 in there. Worse things could happen, right? :D

Saving it to sit down and enjoy it with a nice glass of wine. Actually, I should go buy a 6 of Asahi and do this right.

I had grand plans to buy t-shirts, prints, the book on my tattoo day - everything was a wash! It sounds like a great present, I just figured I'd offer to help you unload it ;)

When are you planning to reschedule? How long was the wait? I've got it in the back of my mind and would have to fly out, and wondering what my scheduling challenges would be.

Will reschedule when we get the firm dates for my husband's tattoo - then go from there. The wait was a few months for the the consult/tattoo appointment. I already had the dates firm for my travel schedule so it made things a little easier when we initially spoke.