Horitomo Tattoo Cat Prints

I am absolutely, unashamedly a Crazy Cat Lady too.

My fiance and I have been wanting to travel to California for a few years now, I think I'm going to have to try to tee up an appointment at SOG when we do.

I already have one tattoo of my cats, but someday a Horitomo version will happen.

@TrixieFaux I need to get on my game and try to get a monmon cat. Otherwise I can't maintain my rep as a crazy cat person. Cheers @TrixieFaux! Looks STELLAR on you!

Yes! Yes, you of all here, need to get a monmon cat. Especially with that cool cat of yours. One day!

- - - Updated - - -

@TrixieFaux, awesome cat! I think it'd be cool now if you one day get one of Tomo to match. Black cat on one side and white on the other. And c'mon your cat's name is Tomo! How cool is that?

- - - Updated - - -

@BrianH, French bulldog Monmons! What a great idea! Oh dang!!!

• 1 month later...

So for all of you who have Monmon cats, did anyone get tebori? I'm having that internal debate that if I have the opportunity with a master, I should take it. But I would have to fly to SOG and wonder if I chose tebori, would I have to do more than one session because of the speed. I read somewhere that Horitomo is pretty fast with tebori. And there is the pain thing, although I read different things about which is worse.

I would get tebori if he offered it. Although from the sounds of it he does the Monmon cats by machine. I could be wrong.

Pain is pain, so I don't think that should be your deciding factor. If he offered you tebori and you turned it down because you thought it would be too painful, tell me you wouldn't regret that years down the road.

So for all of you who have Monmon cats, did anyone get tebori? I'm having that internal debate that if I have the opportunity with a master, I should take it. But I would have to fly to SOG and wonder if I chose tebori, would I have to do more than one session because of the speed. I read somewhere that Horitomo is pretty fast with tebori. And there is the pain thing, although I read different things about which is worse.

I was ready to go for tebori if he mentioned it, but when I got my monmon, there was no mention of it, he was setting up his machines before I even went into his little room. At one point another artist came over to check out what he was doing and Horitomo was showing him this new machine he was using and telling him how good it was. I figure, if he wants to use machines, he should! Tebori would be a cool experience too though. So basically, I am of no help!

He will do tebori if you ask or, I am pretty sure, if the piece requires. You can ask @Lance because I believe do to the large amounts of white in the monmon cats on his feet it was done by tebori, but he may have also requested it. I am having both arms done by him and we are doing certain parts by tebori. If you wanted a monmon cat I am sure you could have it done by tebori and complete it in one sitting. Just call Molly at State of Grace (Taki's wife and the only one who manages Tomo's schedule) and she can answer all your questions. By the way, last week when I was getting work done there were some awesome upcoming monmon cat tattoo (and one monmon Frenchie) drawings. I definitely had some tattoo envy.

Yup, @cvportgee is correct! Horitomo shaded the monmon cats on my feet by hand. He outlined and shaded the black by machine. @SeedSea, I wouldn't worry about timing at all. Horitomo completed both tattoos in about 4 hours-ish w/ breaks. Thanks for the info too regarding how to book with him and about forthcoming prints. I need to start saving pennies again and get back into that shop.

Molly told me that Horitomo would do tebori if the client asked for it, but otherwise he would do machine. She also said that if you've already had a tebori tattoo to let Horitomo do it however he wanted. Tebori isn't a big deal pain-wise - I think it hurts less and makes the tattoo experience more enjoyable. I can see how white via tebori is more desirable than machine for density's sake. I am still annoyed that I had to miss my appointment in May.

I took the plunge - I called SOG. Molly and Taki are out of the office, but they are passing along my info for a consultation. ::happy dance::

@cvportagee, @Lance, @TrixieFaux - thank you for the replies and the info. You've all convinced me that this is possible and doable flying in and out for a quick trip. I had planned to fly out to CA in the fall - I'd love to make it a combined trip! So excited!!!

If he offered you tebori and you turned it down because you thought it would be too painful, tell me you wouldn't regret that years down the road.

^^^Word.

Yes, I would regret it tremendously. And that pretty much makes the decision for me - Monmon cat and tebori if he wants!

By the way, last week when I was getting work done there were some awesome upcoming monmon cat tattoo (and one monmon Frenchie) drawings.

I wonder if he'd be down to do other monmon pets or if the Frenchie is a special something for someone special. I know the SOG team is Frenchie crazy. Definitely looking forward to seeing that one completed.

I wonder if he'd be down to do other monmon pets or if the Frenchie is a special something for someone special. I know the SOG team is Frenchie crazy. Definitely looking forward to seeing that one completed.

All I know is that the Frenchie monmon tattoo was not for a person at state of grace, but it was for another tattooer. Having spent time with Horitomo, I would bet he would not be opposed to other monmon pets. That being said I must admit I definitely don't know either way though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, @cvportgee is correct! Horitomo shaded the monmon cats on my feet by hand. He outlined and shaded the black by machine. @SeedSea, I wouldn't worry about timing at all. Horitomo completed both tattoos in about 4 hours-ish w/ breaks. Thanks for the info too regarding how to book with him and about forthcoming prints. I need to start saving pennies again and get back into that shop.

Not sure they were going to end up as prints or tattoos.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, you folks have convinced me - I need to get a monmon from him. Maybe he would be open to doing one of my dog - I've been thinking about how to do that, anyway. Here is my textured Cardigan Welsh Corgi. I just put it in http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/gallery/member/17191-thinking-of-this-for-a-tattoo.html&imageuser=50982[/img] - can't figure out how to upload it from my computer (the little icon is greyed out - probably because I haven't posted 10 quality posts)

• 1 month later...