Horitomo Tattoo Cat Prints

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Becoming obsessed with the idea of getting one of these tattooed...

Still working on right arm, two appointments to go coming up in Feb & March.

Getting up to San Jose not easy.

Maybe one day?

Within the next 2 years I hope to get out to San Jose, visit some friends and get a Horitomo monmon cat tattoo!!!

• 1 month later...

2rhxxc9.jpg

I finally got these up in our place. We're missing a few at this point that I hope to eventually add, and I just ordered the Horitomo tenugui from the Perseverence exhibition so I'll have to figure out how to best hang that. I tried using the mounting tape but I guess the one I bought wasn't strong enough so one of the pictures fell from the wall and the frame smashed and it took until last weekend to get a new one and bring out the hammer, nails, measuring tape, and a level to properly put these up. I think they look great.

Becoming obsessed with the idea of getting one of these tattooed... Still working on right arm' date=' two appointments to go coming up in Feb & March. Getting up to San Jose not easy. Maybe one day?[/quote']

Dooo ittt!!!!! One day for sure!! (Hey, gives you something to look forward to, right? ;))

I finally got these up in our place. We're missing a few at this point that I hope to eventually add' date=' and I just ordered the Horitomo tenugui from the Perseverence exhibition so I'll have to figure out how to best hang that. I tried using the mounting tape but I guess the one I bought wasn't strong enough so one of the pictures fell from the wall and the frame smashed and it took until last weekend to get a new one and bring out the hammer, nails, measuring tape, and a level to properly put these up. I think they look great.[/quote']

Excellent, @Graeme. Still working on framing mine (spending all my money on tattoos, yargh!).

Dooo ittt!!!!! One day for sure!! (Hey, gives you something to look forward to, right? ;))

Yes!! Well now that I met him on Sunday and told him I want one as he signed my book with an awesome cat drawing....it's like I have to asap. I don't know how long the wait is, he just gave a nod and said, "call." Hardest thing now is figuring out which image/where........thinking it'll have to be on a leg since my arms are pretty much covered and I want to be able to look at it as much as possible! ?

Yes!! Well now that I met him on Sunday and told him I want one as he signed my book with an awesome cat drawing....it's like I have to asap. I don't know how long the wait is, he just gave a nod and said, "call." Hardest thing now is figuring out which image/where........thinking it'll have to be on a leg since my arms are pretty much covered and I want to be able to look at it as much as possible!

May I suggest your torso? Bigger area=bigger monmon cat. :-)

I'm still awed by the monmon cat backpiece he posted on IG. Yeah, use that momentum and get on that list of his. You'll be able to save up while you wait.

May I suggest your torso? Bigger area=bigger monmon cat. :-)

I'm still awed by the monmon cat backpiece he posted on IG. Yeah, use that momentum and get on that list of his. You'll be able to save up while you wait.

Well, yes of course you can suggest it and I will mull it over, but I will say I'm kind of into the idea of the one shot tattoo...it's been a while. I've been doing these multiple session arms over the past couple years. And then there's the thing about how I will never see it if it is on my torso! I do hear what you're saying though. Bigger certainly can be better when it comes to tattoos. I am leaning toward the side of my lower leg at the moment, but that isn't a lot of space. I do like your feet ones though--small but still awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, decision made. My next tattoo (oh jeez, I was ONLY going to get my back done...) I want to get a Monmon! I am infatuated with them. I don't know when, but someday. And I swear I won't get any more...

I just bought three of the signed prints from SOG and SO BUMMED the cat and carp is out of print.

- - - Updated - - -

@Fala @TrixieFaux I'm having that breathless, panicked feeling that comes when I want something RIGHT NOW...calling is now on my to do list. (Along w other tattoos; bills, etc..patience is quite a virtue now...)

Um, yeah, just now experiencing that myself!