Words and stuff. Also, hello.

injek

I figure a good way to start out here would be by explaining my next (and first) tattoo, so come with me, children. It's story time!

il_fullxfull.227891142.jpg

I'm changing the banner so that it says "The nights are so long, baby, out here in the deep." and I want the diamond on her shoulder to not be the same colour as the banner so that it stands out. Obviously I'm also getting rid of the tour date as well, lol. I'm thinking half-sleeve, and later I'll fill in the rest with... something.

I'm still sort of stuck between that first line, and "There's nothing like another soul that's been cut up the same." I figure I'll just use the left over one for whatever fills in my arm, to be honest. I was also thinking about having a heart tattooed on the inside of my other forearm, stitched on with the needle and thread tucked into the skin beside it.

Interesting idea. I'm a Gaslight Anthem fan. Just to give you a heads up, this design is a pretty major Mike Giant rip.

I owe you one, man! I still don't know a whole lot about tattoos, which is why I came here, and oh lawdy you guys certainly delivered. I've already found two more I want to get, this one mostly.

78c3f_Royale.jpg

If I could, though, what makes it a rip from him? The style, or is it too similar to something he's done?

It just looks too much like "his" stuff. You know what I mean?

Why don't you find the artist you like and discuss your ideas with them? I know we all like to have complete control over tattoos, but I've always been so blown away when I discuss my idea, and let them worry about the execution.

@injek Where are you located? We can definitely suggest great artists in your area!

Why don't you find the artist you like and discuss your ideas with them? I know we all like to have complete control over tattoos, but I've always been so blown away when I discuss my idea, and let them worry about the execution.

@injek Where are you located? We can definitely suggest great artists in your area!

Fair enough, yeah. After looking at some of his stuff I definitely see what you're saying. You're probably right about that, too, I guess I just go so wrapped up in how I envisioned it turning out that I forgot I'm not getting it done by a robot. :p

I'm from Oakville (Ontario, Canada) but we might as well just say Toronto so you actually know where that is, lol. I posted this link in another thread, but I was thinking of going here; Good Point Tattoos

I replied earlier, but I guess the internet ate it.

Anyway, I'm really, really glad I found this place. Otherwise I might've ended up with that stupid fucking heart tattoo because "WEAR YOUR HEART ON YOUR SLEEVE!". Euch. I need to stop trying so hard to shoehorn a meaning into it, so I can justify getting it to other people. Every tattoo I was considering getting is out, now all I want is a Mike Giant inspired tattoo. You're absolutely right, I was getting so caught up in envisioning how it would look, I never stopped to take into consideration that I have no fucking idea what I'm doing. I can hardly draw, let alone tattoo. I'm the last person who should be micromanaging it.

Thank you, everybody, for showing me what a twat I was 17 hours ago.

The only justification you need for getting tattooed is that you like tattoos and want one. You said in another thread that you live really close to Good Point Tattoo, right? They do some great work, I'd suggest stopping by there, taking a look at the artists' books, and chatting with them in person to get a feel for them. If you have some reference to bring in of things that you like with the understanding that the artist will take that and interpret that, then all the better. Anyway, you seem like you're going into this with a great attitude so I hope you get something awesome. Welcome to LST.