A bad suggestion?

A few months ago, I thought the idea of adding the category "prison and homemade tattoos", to the Gallery, might strike a little interest to LST members. They added the category and I posted 2 of my own pics. And, hard to believe, nobody else has added one single pic. Wow, I know Im not the only one here thats done time and has a prison tattoo. The tattoos are not great, but Im not ashamed of em. C'mon, lets get some more pics in here. lol.

@thesandmanisme there is also the possibility that people might not want to share their numerous reasons. As far as the ones I've seen generally they are identifiers of some type, etc, etc. Usually a bit more personal, I'm guessing.

Yeah, I agree to that. But I would say, less than half of the prison ink I have seen, is tag related. Anyway, its all good. I'll try and get some more pics posted when I get a hold of a decent camera

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I got a small, one-worded tattoo just over a month ago. The tattoo artist told me that I only needed to care for it for a couple days since it was so small, but I did it for a week to be on the safe side. Now, however, it is starting to flake off and fade in some spots. I don't know what to do?! Hopefully you can advise :] Thank you!

Hi, I got a small, one-worded tattoo just over a month ago. The tattoo artist told me that I only needed to care for it for a couple days since it was so small, but I did it for a week to be on the safe side. Now, however, it is starting to flake off and fade in some spots. I don't know what to do?! Hopefully you can advise :] Thank you!

Yeah your tattoo is healing. The dry skin is flaking off not the tattoo and the reason your tattoo looks faded is because you have a new layer of skin coming in and you are seeing the tattoo thru it. If it still looks that way after a full month of healing then i would go see the tattooer, but I would say once a week someone comes in saying the same thing you do, I give them this advise and everything turns out okay.

When your tattooer told you that you only had to take care of it for a couple of days, I am assuming that meant the application of some sort of healing cream, which is what I would do even for large scale work. sometimes babying a tattoo does more harm than good, but if you really want to dive into this topic there is a whole section of this forum devoted to aftercare.