Too Many Tattoo Machines??

Hey all! I was just curious. How many out there thing that there is a limit on how many tattoo machines one should own? I have about 13 so far and I'm continuing to build my collection. I know a lot of people sell some of their machines because their collection gets to be too large. Personally I dont think you could ever have too many, and I would never sell any of mine. If I acquire too many Ill simply put them on display. I think they make great pieces of art as well as money makers!

What are all your thoughts on this? And sorry if this is in the wrong section. I figured this was pretty general haha!

If you have more tattoo machines than clients, that is too much.

Guy who tried to be a tattooer I know, worked one day a week had to bring his own clientele, always had a new machine to show off, never had anyone to tattoo.

Number of clients ever? Could never own that many. If this means people I definitely know will get tattooed by me in the future...maybe I do own too many heh heh. It will be worse when I start fabricating some. Finally getting the help I need from some experienced builders as well as the necessary tools.

Number of clients ever? Could never own that many. If this means people I definitely know will get tattooed by me in the future...maybe I do own too many heh heh. It will be worse when I start fabricating some. Finally getting the help I need from some experienced builders as well as the necessary tools.

I don't know about ever, but in his case anyone he brought in was his client since he hadn't graduated to doing walk ins, so every week he brought in a new machine, and didn't tattoo someone, he essentially had more machines than clients. He still has a drawer with a bunch of supplies at the shop, but nothing worth borrowing even in a pinch (except maybe the case of nitrile gloves in there), that was the other thing none of his machines were even that nice and he bought cheap pigment

• 7 months later...

The only people who say, "That guy has waaaaaaay too many machines!" are the people who are envious at the amount of machines others have. If I could have a room full, and a whole room, I would. But not those expensive "I have a bulldog that Sailor Jerry owned!" things. Just good solid runners.

I don't give a shit about baseball cards, nor do I give a shit about or jealous of how many baseball cards someone else has. I bought tools to use not look at. I've sold pretty much all the tools I don't use with the exception of one or two that I'll sell when I need some robot hands and wrists when the repetitive stress disorder gets too unbearable.

Those are the couple I'm holding onto until I need my Darth Vader arms. Whomever gets them next with value them just as I do or anyone would. I just don't need 20 or more machines made by various current builders.

But hey some people just like to collect baseball cards. Different hobbies for different people. But I'm definitely not 'envious' of someone else collection. I could give a rat's ass about someone else's machines or toy robot collections or whatever the hell they like.

Those are the couple I'm holding onto until I need my Darth Vader arms. Whomever gets them next with value them just as I do or anyone would. I just don't need 20 or more machines made by various current builders. But hey some people just like to collect baseball cards. Different hobbies for different people. But I'm definitely not 'envious' of someone else collection. I could give a rat's ass about someone else's machines or toy robot collections or whatever the hell they like.

Agreed.

OP, who cares what anyone thinks? Collect as many as you like.