So I have a great story about our amazing dog ! *long read*

SacramentoDan

Nice story.

Maybe you could, however, quit constantly making new threads? Perhaps just one big thread with all of your adventures, they are fun to read, but each one doesn't deserve it's own thread.

BTW, I hope I didn't come off too strong, and I love your dog!

Nice story.

Maybe you could, however, quit constantly making new threads? Perhaps just one big thread with all of your adventures, they are fun to read, but each one doesn't deserve it's own thread.

it's cool hun,but since you're not a moderator here and IMO multiple threads about different or WTF ever topics are what a online discussion forum is for,

then ya,you did come off as a rude asshat, but you're from Stockton so I'll let it go this time,

and since you seem to be the only one sniveling about it,then no,I will just keep making these rather subdued forums a little more lively,

so here's a kiss on yer cheek and a spank on your butt,and you have a nice day. :) (if you don't like my threads ,then don't read 'em)

gee,I hope I did'nt come off too strong cheeky-smiley-016.gif

it's cool hun,but since you're not a moderator here and IMO multiple threads about different or WTF ever topics are what a online discussion forum is for,

then ya,you did come off as a rude asshat, but you're from Stockton so I'll let it go this time,

and since you seem to be the only one sniveling about it,then no,I will just keep making these rather subdued forums a little more lively,

so here's a kiss on yer cheek and a spank on your butt,and you have a nice day. (if you don't like my threads ,then don't read 'em)

gee,I hope I did'nt come off too strong

every thread you have made could have easily been part of an existing thread.

I wasn't trying to be rude, but you were quite rude back.

Being from my city doesn't make me rude, I was arguing for less forum clutter.

And, these " rather subdued' forums are the reason why people come here. For "rather subdued" serious discussions and a community feel.

I understand what you are doing, and it's not as if I thought your threads were drivel, but each thing that comes to mind shouldn't be made into a thread. You can post in many, many threads here with the same thing you would have posted in an individual thread.

every thread you have made could have easily been part of an existing thread.

I wasn't trying to be rude, but you were quite rude back.

Being from my city doesn't make me rude, I was arguing for less forum clutter.

And, these " rather subdued' forums are the reason why people come here. For "rather subdued" serious discussions and a community feel.

I understand what you are doing, and it's not as if I thought your threads were drivel, but each thing that comes to mind shouldn't be made into a thread. You can post in many, many threads here with the same thing you would have posted in an individual thread.

you win,

I won't be bothering you anymore here.

life has enough negativity in to deal with already,I certainly don't need more from a silly online discussion forum.

I'm not saying I disliked his posts or that they were stupid, all I was saying is that he could have used existing threads to say what he has said.

I wasn't trying to scare anyone away, or say I didn't enjoy his posts. Because I have already said I liked what he was posting! You do not have to leave because we have a difference of opinion!

You are a nice guy Dan, and it's awesome that you feel comfortable sharing your life with relative strangers. I love to meet new folks (especially those with common interests), hear about their lives, and talk about whatever. It does seem though, and I'm sure that much of your recent trials are contributing to this, that you are an exposed nerve. One that experiences some emotional extremes without much of a buffer in between either the good or the bad stuff.

You already know this, but dealing with hundreds of strangers, especially on the internet will inevitably strike that nerve from time to time. I would recommend not taking everything to heart and relax, whilst at the same time hopefully others will have that same patience when people get excited to share their lives and put themselves out on a limb (especially on the random crap forum, har).

These forums are a great resource for education, and even though that is the ultimate goal (at least to my limited understanding, being a F.N.G), a little frivolity can be healthy.

That is until the My Little Pony spam begins, then heads will roll.

My .02, sorry if I'm over-stepping. Lets all go out for drinks, have a good times, and discuss our next tattoos. Peace!

Nice post, @Pleadco. Seriously.

I'm sorry to see Dan go, but we are not in the business of begging members to stay if they say they wanna leave. All of us mods work full-time jobs and several of us have families, so you'll understand if we prioritize certain things.

@Delicious, Dan did post in the Random Crap forum, a subset of the Off-Topic forum. If he had posted this in the General Tattoo Discussion forum, well, that's one thing, but I think you were a little out of line. I'm not defending his response to you, but I can see how he might have been put off by your comments.

It says a lot about LST that flare-ups like this are as rare as they are, so please miss me with any potential "LST ain't what it used to be" threads. I'm proud to be a part of this place, and I thank all of you for helping to make it what it is.

Except for Bubbleberry. Fuck that guy.

Haven't been on in a few days, just finding this thread as an outside observer, I just think this was a communication breakdown. I don't disagree with Delicious about the idea in general, as we have had issues in the past with people starting threads. I think if the idea was approached more from a positive aspect if might have been received better. If instead of being critical about the amount of threads started, someone just said, hey you have so many cool, weird, or interesting stories, you should have a blog so people can find them all and subscribe, that could have been received better. That and we really just have to choose our battles if we don't want to be like other forums, promote a civil environment, pretend like we are all roommates or something . That being said, the interenet has become a sea of negativity and this place remains relatively positive.

First, I want to thank Hogg for his response - measured and appropriate. Secondly, I want to agree with his point that this sort of thing happens so infrequently here is a testament to the quality of people on this forum. I do want to highlight how important it is that moderators be allowed to do their job. Self-appointed moderators are a threat to the free and open discussion of ideas and topics. David Flores makes the very important point that if people feel they must address a particular post and do not wish to bring it to the attention of the actual mods, they should be very careful how they frame their criticism. David's suggestion of how to handle this particular incident strikes me as a perfect model of how this could have been handled. As participants on these forums we are self-policing to a certain degree, but I think we should be careful about allowing self-appointed moderators too much latitude. I hope Dan comes back, but I can understand why he was so frustrated.

First, I want to thank Hogg for his response - measured and appropriate. Secondly, I want to agree with his point that this sort of thing happens so infrequently here is a testament to the quality of people on this forum. I do want to highlight how important it is that moderators be allowed to do their job. Self-appointed moderators are a threat to the free and open discussion of ideas and topics. David Flores makes the very important point that if people feel they must address a particular post and do not wish to bring it to the attention of the actual mods, they should be very careful how they frame their criticism. David's suggestion of how to handle this particular incident strikes me as a perfect model of how this could have been handled. As participants on these forums we are self-policing to a certain degree, but I think we should be careful about allowing self-appointed moderators too much latitude. I hope Dan comes back, but I can understand why he was so frustrated.

I will reiterate what us mods say. If you want to bring something up directed at a certain users, please us PMs and not the public space. You can also PM moderators like me, @hogg, @gougetheeyes, @Iwar, @steve1461686340, and @tammy.

Well...pissnshit I liked Dan and I liked hearing about his wife and dang dog. The other forum I belong too, the jewelry one, there's like...4 guys that post there on any sort of regular basis (as can be expected ha), and two of them are the most prolific posters, especially in the off-topic board. There is one thread that has about 400 pages (random thoughts), but mostly it's about as random as random can be. Pictures of the one guys little baby shrimps, then a thread of that guys dogs in costumes, then a thread asking if we women carry our purses all the time, then a thread of screen shots of the main off topic board for when the topic titles as you read down the screen are in a funny order...all from the same guy, and maybe in one day even. Now granted, there's a jillion people on that forum but still. I'm friends w/some of them off the board, and we have a G14 classified FB group, and I do consider some of them "real" friends--we even have another group just for our animals.

I think Dan is kinda like me. I'm a sharer, once I'm comfortable w/a group. Sharing doesn't bother me, it encourages camaraderie and helps a person feel like they belong. I have a hard time remembering that the internet is made of people I don't know.

And plus, I came back to the thread to specifically ask him about his dang dog dangit.

I can understand why people could be put off by threads like the ones Dan started because this is a "Tattoo" forum after all. But I think all forums tend to have random threads and sections because that is where our personalities shine. We're all here because we like tattoos, but chances are we share a lot of other interests, like dogs and cool stories, etc.

I'll miss Dan. His dog and family stories were great. Zephyr reminds me a lot of my Dads dog and Dan kind of reminds me of my Dad! Huh! But this is a good opportunity for all posters to reflect on how we want to present ourselves on the Internet. It's hard sometimes to sound like a genuine human being with text only. I know Delicious meant no harm. I've come off bitchy in the past. It's real hard to approach issues on a forum some times. Just be aware.

Nice story.

These are in the “General Tattoo Discussion” sub forum

“This is where you should post general tattoo topics that don't fit into any of the specific categories below.”

So these are all in the correct forum ? (no slam intended to these members, it’s just an example)

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/4209-misspelled-words.html

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/4144-clare-clarity-has-surgery-hand-selling-paintings-pay-bills.html

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/4249-bad-suggestion.html

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/4092-richard-stell-could-use-your-help.html

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/4132-la-clothing-company-ripping-off-dringenberg-name.html

so where were your internet police replies about those ?

and yes,for the most part this entire forum is “tattoo Related” ,erh,well,except for these 3 !?!?!??!

lastsparrow.jpg

in “random Crap” which per the rules are posted above(I have asked a mod here if off topic non tattoo related threads are allowed in that forum,& the answer was yes)

in 3 weeks I have posted 6 threads,so divide 21 days by 6 threads ! WOW! Ya,that’s WAY too many threads.

in a month ! I have only posted 13 threads TOTAL ! and from what I can tell, since no mods have told me to stop,I have placed them in the correct forums,(unlike the at least 5 mentioned above have done)

lastsparrow2.jpg

So what’s your problem with me ? it seems you are the only one bothered by it.

Looking back at most of your replies,

IMO you are the one that is wasting forum space by telling everyone else what to and what not to do !

I had a day to think about this forum & the mostly nice people here, so I said to myself *self ! why should one bent outa shape member ruin my experience here?* & so self answered, it shouldn’t !

and well,if you don't like what I do here,then report me to a moderator or just leave me alone.

and yes,EACH of my adventures deserves it's own thread ! if they bother you,then DON'T READ THEM !

oh ya ! one more thing,if this reply pisses you off,then report it to the mods.

I feel that people gave fair, clear responses to this issue, many of which were showing you some love Dan. If you want to let off some frustration then we can put on some boxing gloves, you can smack me around for a little while, then we'll laugh and go grab a beer. Life is to short to pick fights on the Internet.

Deep breaths bud.

I feel that people gave fair, clear responses to this issue, many of which were showing you some love Dan. If you want to let off some frustration then we can put on some boxing gloves, you can smack me around for a little while, then we'll laugh and go grab a beer. Life is to short to pick fights on the Internet.

Deep breaths bud.

LOL no,but thanks ! I don't like pain on my face,a beer with you sounds good though !

and yes,there was many very nice replies here,and I appreciate them for sure,that's why I am here posting,

that last post was clearly directed at only one person.