Who is Dave Gibson?

I just came across this thread. I never got tattooed by Dave, but I was tattooed a number of times by Morgwn Pennypacker at Lucky's which was Dave's old shop in San Diego. It was such a great shop, with all of Dave's hand painted flash on the wall's. In my opinion, that place was exactly the way a tattoo shop should be.

I just came across this thread. I never got tattooed by Dave, but I was tattooed a number of times by Morgwn Pennypacker at Lucky's which was Dave's old shop in San Diego. It was such a great shop, with all of Dave's hand painted flash on the wall's. In my opinion, that place was exactly the way a tattoo shop should be.

I have a few things from Lucky's......

Hmmmmmmmm I wonder if anyone has a copy of International Tattoo Art November 1996 issue???? If you do not, too bad, it came out before a lot of "contemporary" tattooers were able to grow those beards. He has flash set's older than the latest crop of tattooers out there............and it's all done with a speedball nib, and water colors. Try to get a back issue, because it is a very long interview, with tons of really good pics of REAL street shop tattooing. I still do his flash in my shop to this day.