Tattoo n00b

Evil Olive

Hi there!

I've wanted tattoos for a few years now, and I'm finally starting my collection this weekend. Super excited. I think it'll be the first of many. :)

I've got a voracious appetite for information and anecdotes, so I've been lurking around here, paging through tattoo galleries, and browsing the tattoo subreddit for a few weeks, and I thought I'd go ahead and register.

So, hi!

Hi there!

I've wanted tattoos for a few years now, and I'm finally starting my collection this weekend. Super excited. I think it'll be the first of many. :)

I've got a voracious appetite for information and anecdotes, so I've been lurking around here, paging through tattoo galleries, and browsing the tattoo subreddit for a few weeks, and I thought I'd go ahead and register.

So, hi!

Greetings! It's impressive that you've retained your sanity after spending time on the subreddit. That's where I go when I start to build up too much faith in humanity :).

Where are you getting your tattoo done?

Cheers!

Greetings! It's impressive that you've retained your sanity after spending time on the subreddit. That's where I go when I start to build up too much faith in humanity :).

Where are you getting your tattoo done?

Cheers!

:) Thanks!

where as in part of my body or as in which shop?

To answer both, shoulder blade (conservative workplace) and East Atlanta Tattoo.

Just got it yesterday--I love 90% of it, but the other 10% a) will likely need touch ups, and b) isn't exactly what I Was thinking it would be, but the artist said it would be easy to change. Eager to hear opinions and get advice about some things (namely, returning to some rough n' tumble activities during the healing period)...will post more when a) I get a decent photo of it and b) I hit my 10 post limit. :)

90/10 sounds like about the right ratio. What fun would it be if we got tattoos that were EXACTLY what we thought they would be? I like that the artist adds their input (although surely you did see it as a stencil before it was applied??) and usually their opinion and changes is what makes your tattoo a better one than you otherwise would have gotten.

Looking forward to seeing it.

90/10 sounds like about the right ratio. What fun would it be if we got tattoos that were EXACTLY what we thought they would be?

The tattoos I have so far have met my expectations by at least 200%. Everything has been beyond what I imagined and I can't imagine being only 90% happy with a new tattoo, even 99% would be a disappointment.

90/10 sounds like about the right ratio. What fun would it be if we got tattoos that were EXACTLY what we thought they would be? I like that the artist adds their input (although surely you did see it as a stencil before it was applied??) and usually their opinion and changes is what makes your tattoo a better one than you otherwise would have gotten.

Looking forward to seeing it.

There was one detail not in the stencil because we talked about it right before. Except we weren't exactly on the same page. This was probably my mistake, hindsight 20/20.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

The tattoos I have so far have met my expectations by at least 200%. Everything has been beyond what I imagined and I can't imagine being only 90% happy with a new tattoo, even 99% would be a disappointment.

Oh, I agree with you on that. Being less than satisfied would suck. What I meant was that for all my tattoos they are at least 10% different that what I had in mind initially; and as a result I like them even more than I otherwise would have.

Oh, I agree with you on that. Being less than satisfied would suck. What I meant was that for all my tattoos they are at least 10% different that what I had in mind initially; and as a result I like them even more than I otherwise would have.

Ok, we are on the same page :)

I don't want to make it seem like I don't *like* my new tattoo, I do!

It's just not finished yet. :)

There's still some shading that needs to be done, too.

Also, it looks super alone without any friends. I think I need a couple more. To balance things out? Please I would like to win the lottery now, kthx.

Also, it looks super alone without any friends. I think I need a couple more. To balance things out? Please I would like to win the lottery now, kthx.

This. I got my first tattoo and then my second one less than a month later, now there's two months before my next appointment and it feels like too long. The worst is, while I can stare at my pieces for days, the blank skin in between them is always glaring at me.

aka I got the bug

I'm struggling with blank space too. I'm due to get my next tattoo on Saturday and can't decide if I should get it on my right shoulder to balance the tattoo on my left shoulder or if I should place it between my shoulders so I am committed to getting another one on my right shoulder. But, I feel lucky to have this problem.