Tattooing!

wildchild

That's interesting, why?

edit:

Actually, no.. don't have to justify this. People come here to learn, I'm not a mod, and I don't feel the need to display any sense of importance by telling people off who don't know their dick from their toe when it comes to tattoos.

I was not saying anything meant to be taken in a demeaning manner. I was making an observation that, in the short while I have seen you post here, that you always seem to actually make sense and take the time to form a complete and whole thought. Even when speaking to people who obviously don't deserve it, you make a solid response. I was trying to compliment you man.

@Graeme Our barbarian horde can be covered in tattoos and metal as fuck, right?

Alright guys. I'm not too far from New Glarus....BRB...confirming troll status....

Had me thinking it was legit until the 3 or 4 sheets of painted flash per day thing.

I'm not a troll. I can finish 3 or 4 sheets when I'm not working, or in the summer. When I'm in school I'm lucky to be able to get one page done. If you want to come to the shop, I welcome you. Maybe you could clarify everything for the both of you and give me some solid advice. I really feel like this place is legit. My contract was at least five pages long and the apprentice curriculum was twice as long. But I also feel like I should maybe shut my young mouth because you guys might just know better than me. Like I said before I will be staying at the shop for a year as I signed a contract, but I will definitely be taking your guys advice on getting tattoos. And the three months is on pig skin not human skin. Three months is also not a guarantee if my boss doesn't think that I'm ready yet then it will be a few more months. I'm not sure if I even will be tattooing this year, definitely thinking about your guys other advice. All that aside...I got a question. In your guys opinion do you think tattooing pigskin is helpful?

I was not saying anything meant to be taken in a demeaning manner. I was making an observation that, in the short while I have seen you post here, that you always seem to actually make sense and take the time to form a complete and whole thought. Even when speaking to people who obviously don't deserve it, you make a solid response. I was trying to compliment you man.

@Graeme Our barbarian horde can be covered in tattoos and metal as fuck, right?

Ah for sure, my bad! Well shoot, thanks for clarifying. I hate having dumb beef with people, especially in a setting as chill as LST. I dunno if you guys have read TCM #2 yet, but when Hooper was talking about primitive tattoos and how warriors would see their opponents charge out of the jungle with these large black pieces and go "oh fuck!"

Well that's our hoard, no doubt B)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a troll. I can finish 3 or 4 sheets when I'm not working, or in the summer. When I'm in school I'm lucky to be able to get one page done. If you want to come to the shop, I welcome you. Maybe you could clarify everything for the both of you and give me some solid advice. I really feel like this place is legit. My contract was at least five pages long and the apprentice curriculum was twice as long. But I also feel like I should maybe shut my young mouth because you guys might just know better than me. Like I said before I will be staying at the shop for a year as I signed a contract, but I will definitely be taking your guys advice on getting tattoos. And the three months is on pig skin not human skin. Three months is also not a guarantee if my boss doesn't think that I'm ready yet then it will be a few more months. I'm not sure if I even will be tattooing this year, definitely thinking about your guys other advice. All that aside...I got a question. In your guys opinion do you think tattooing pigskin is helpful?

Can I see some of your art unrelated to tattoo art? pig skin is very different from people skin, but it does help you get used to having a machine in your hand.

Why even bother? Why help this person out? This is the internet world, this doesn't exist and clearly he/she can't SEE what is wrong with anything that has been pointed out to him/her.

Now he/she is asking about tattooing on pigskin.

ON FUCKING PIGSKIN. NOT TWO YEARS INTO AN APPRENTICESHIP, AND ASKING ABOUT TATTOOING ON PIGSKIN.

fair point!!

well, i do think , this still takes guts, to step out from your own freakin comfort zone and just walse in a shop and be all like :'' yea i w ant to do this, will you have me?''' People should more often DO what they dream of, instead of becoming old bitter grandpas /grandmas by mid 30ies with all these unfinished business :''Ohh i wanted to be a ballerina, so i hate all this modern dancing''

Do what you feel passionate about

Believe me, if you will be reaaly bad in it, people will let you know, and will find something else.

whoop whoop!

since youre already into it might as well keep on going with learning. pig skin is a joke and contracts are as well. just learn what you can and if your art is worth a shit you will probably be pretty good... i hope. A dude that i work with got started the same way as you are at this little custom shop that we are bot hin now.. not having any tattoos.. he has been learning for 3 years now and is just starting to get pretty descent.. but its not a walk in place and he doent get to do the important stuff like script as much as he should.. good luck on becoming an ill custom tattooer.

since youre already into it might as well keep on going with learning. pig skin is a joke and contracts are as well. just learn what you can and if your art is worth a shit you will probably be pretty good... i hope. A dude that i work with got started the same way as you are at this little custom shop that we are bot hin now.. not having any tattoos.. he has been learning for 3 years now and is just starting to get pretty descent.. but its not a walk in place and he doent get to do the important stuff like script as much as he should.. good luck on becoming an ill custom tattooer.

Thank-you so much for the advise.

well, i do think , this still takes guts, to step out from your own freakin comfort zone and just walse in a shop and be all like :'' yea i w ant to do this, will you have me?''' People should more often DO what they dream of, instead of becoming old bitter grandpas /grandmas by mid 30ies with all these unfinished business :''Ohh i wanted to be a ballerina, so i hate all this modern dancing''

Do what you feel passionate about

Believe me, if you will be reaaly bad in it, people will let you know, and will find something else.

whoop whoop!

Haha Thank-you!

Can I see some of your art unrelated to tattoo art? pig skin is very different from people skin, but it does help you get used to having a machine in your hand.

Sure, but keep in mind I'm still learning. Thanks for the advice on pigskin and all the other responses. I definitely will not be tattooing people for a few years, I'll just take everything in and keep improving my art skills.