If you could pick one tattoo artist...

There's no way I could pick just one.

I've had such a great time with each of my tattoos... and I plan to continue that trend!! Seeing the way different people approach things, watching them figure it out, watching them apply it... that's part of the fun!!!

I'm with @hogg here, I just can't even try to play this game.

For people that have already tattooed me, I would choose Ashley Howell, because he is one of my best friends, probably the smartest guy I know, but has no formal education, can tattoo any style, has tattooed all over the world, and we can get a beer afterwards.

If he was off the table, I would have to say Matt Arriola, or Steve Byrne would be my choices because they are versatile as well, like everything they do and they create the type of tattoo experience I am looking for.

For people that have already tattooed me' date=' I would choose Ashley Howell, because he is one of my best friends, probably the smartest guy I know, but has no formal education, can tattoo any style, has tattooed all over the world, and we can get a beer afterwards.

If he was off the table, I would have to say Matt Arriola, or Steve Byrne would be my choices because they are versatile as well, like everything they do and they create the type of tattoo experience I am looking for.[/quote']

I must get tattooed by Ashley. When Ross was tattooing me Ashley was working on a back piece and his work is amazing.

If i had to. Adam Hays hes done my front, head a piece on my arm and is tattooing me again in september. hes a really nice guy a nerd and a amazing artist.

I would love to get a Star Wars tattoo from Adam Hays. He has some great flash in the Force In The Flesh and I really dig his style.

I would love to get a Star Wars tattoo from Adam Hays. He has some great flash in the Force In The Flesh and I really dig his style.

yeah the first tattoo he did on me was star wars ! heres the stuff hes finished on me so far:

396677bc0a8911e28c261231381b3d45_7.jpg

and this s the best picture i could find of my front.. ive had the other side of my ribs done and a bunch more work since then

314522_2429124856878_1667623777_n.jpg

hes started a native american girl on my arm thats getting finished soon :P

I'd choose Iain Mullen. He's working @ Imperial Tattoo, in Stockholm where I live. He is super versatile and can pull off any style really, yet you can still see that it comes from his own hands and brain. Very funny and nice man to chat with and as far as I can tell we share some ideas about what makes a great tattoo. Also he cares about art in general, not just tattoo art. When I got my elbow done by him he first told me how happy and stoked he was about the sketch, then set up the machine and went out for a cigarette. Came back just 2 minutes later with the words "To excited, man, I can't smoke! Let's do this!". For someone who's has been tattooing for more then 12 years, this is the level of involvement I like too see still.

@mmikaoj where is Iain from originally? He's not Swedish, is he? I'm a big fan of his work, and he seems to be super fast, too.

He's from Scotland, some town. He's got his family and all here in Stockholm so I think he will stay here for a while. You should travel over here and get something from him, I can house you, no problem. He's the only swedish tattooer I always recommend when friends ask me for a good tattooer, no matter what they want to do. And yeah, he is ridiculously fast!