Looking for some help on a first tatto

JasonMcc

Hello, This seems like a great board for me to ask a favor of one of you. I am looking for a first tatto, I have a good idea of what I wan but I am no artist in any way. I would like this tattoo in a discrete location, however do like the idea of tatting my palms. Other locations I was thinking of would be my feet however, i dont know if thats kinda girly. I liked the idea of palms because I have heard that overtime it will fade. And it being a first tatto I am a little bit worried about how I will feel as a old dude with the tattoo, especially in a easily seen location. So I was wondering if Some one on her could draw up a rough sketch of what i was thinking to see how it would all work out together.

I think i would be willing to pay if someone has a good idea, and it comes out nicely. However I don't know if that's allowed here? I did read the rules and it only mentioned sig advertisement.

I want the tatto to symbolize my pride in my irish Origins. I would like the tatto to feature a celtic like tree of life, with detailed leaves. Like this tree1aa1a_large.jpg

Between the tree I would like a deer, A strong looking one. Maybe with a Redish brown tint. I would also like A quote from my family crest, and Possibly my last name if it ties together nicely. I like the look of this deer l.jpg

Here is my family crest. The lines at the bottom mean "strong, fierce and swift" crestsmall.gif

So if someone has a good idea in there mind and would like to receive some compensation for their time, I would love to see it. Thank you.

Hi and welcome to LST. If you aren't ready to commit to the permanence of a tattoo, you shouldn't get tattooed. Period. Sit on it and think about it for a while...there's no reason to rush into getting tattooed. Stick around though, watch the artist interviews, look at the tattoos people here are getting, and maybe it will help you to decide one way or the other.

Hello, This seems like a great board for me to ask a favor of one of you. I am looking for a first tatto, I have a good idea of what I wan but I am no artist in any way. I would like this tattoo in a discrete location, however do like the idea of tatting my palms. Other locations I was thinking of would be my feet however, i dont know if thats kinda girly. I liked the idea of palms because I have heard that overtime it will fade. And it being a first tatto I am a little bit worried about how I will feel as a old dude with the tattoo, especially in a easily seen location. So I was wondering if Some one on her could draw up a rough sketch of what i was thinking to see how it would all work out together.

I think i would be willing to pay if someone has a good idea, and it comes out nicely. However I don't know if that's allowed here? I did read the rules and it only mentioned sig advertisement.

I want the tatto to symbolize my pride in my irish Origins. I would like the tatto to feature a celtic like tree of life, with detailed leaves. Like this tree1aa1a_large.jpg

Between the tree I would like a deer, A strong looking one. Maybe with a Redish brown tint. I would also like A quote from my family crest, and Possibly my last name if it ties together nicely. I like the look of this deer l.jpg

Here is my family crest. The lines at the bottom mean "strong, fierce and swift" crestsmall.gif

So if someone has a good idea in there mind and would like to receive some compensation for their time, I would love to see it. Thank you.

First, having a tattoo on your palm isn't that discrete, it will be on show all the time. And you need to be sure the tattoo you want is the tattoo you will want in 10 years time. People change and so do their tastes and ideas.

I would echo what Graeme said, as, I'm sure, 99.9% of other LSTers would as well.

But apart from that, if you do decide tattoos are for you and you can handle the permanence, then research shops in your area (wherever that may be). This is crucial. Once you find a shop you like and an artist who works in the style you like, bring him or her your references and have them design the piece that they can best put on you. Give them the freedom to create the design they will be tattooing on you. Not to take money from the hands of the artists here on this site, but there's no reason to pay for a service that's completely integral to the overall tattooing experience: consultation for and drawing of an original design. You know what you want; let your tattooer bring your vision to reality.

Everyone here at Last Sparrow really, really loves tattoos. That being said, they are not mandatory for all citizens. It sounds like you're not really that into them, and, to once again echo @Graeme, maybe you shouldn't get one.

And no maybes about this: forget about your palms. You would damn near die from the pain, and no tattooer would tattoo your palms as your first tattoo.

I defiantly want the tattoo. I guess I should chose a new location... Im thinking maybe my back. I like the idea of having my heritage shown. Even if it lasts forever. I only want a discrete location so it will not trouble me when I am looking for work.