I really like my tattoos

sbhikes

Nobody in the world cares about my tattoos. But I really like them.

I've got a bird friend on my shoulder who will be with me always. Poor little Squeaky, the real bird, died when I was away. I never got to say good-bye and now I don't have to because Squeaky is always there on my shoulder.

I've got a story of hiking a long trail on my leg. If I ever get Alzheimer's I will probably at least remember that experience since it's right there on my leg to remind me of all that I saw and did out there.

I've got big blue roses. Lots of color. I was hated and criticized mercilessly all my life for being ugly but now I have pretty colors on my skin to make me happy.

And finally, my butterfly. First time I went to a tattoo shop the artist there told me of giving an old lady a tattoo of a butterfly on her arm because she had always wanted one. There are so many things in life I've always wanted to do and it took me a while to realize that someday never comes. Do it now. And even though a barely-graduated apprentice did my butterfly, he cleverly mirrored the motif of the leaves of my roses and tied it all together. I feel like I carry a flower garden and a little bit of spring around with me wherever I go.

I claimed my body from those who had prior claims, defined it my own way, not theirs, and made it my own. Nobody cares about my tattoos, some people probably scorn me for them, and for that I even feel more grateful because against their disapproval, here I am, taking up space with my garden and my memories, just being me.

I claimed my body from those who had prior claims, defined it my own way, not theirs, and made it my own. Nobody cares about my tattoos, some people probably scorn me for them, and for that I even feel more grateful because against their disapproval, here I am, taking up space with my garden and my memories, just being me.

Word.

Nobody in the world cares about my tattoos. But I really like them.

I've got a bird friend on my shoulder who will be with me always. Poor little Squeaky, the real bird, died when I was away. I never got to say good-bye and now I don't have to because Squeaky is always there on my shoulder.

I've got a story of hiking a long trail on my leg. If I ever get Alzheimer's I will probably at least remember that experience since it's right there on my leg to remind me of all that I saw and did out there.

I've got big blue roses. Lots of color. I was hated and criticized mercilessly all my life for being ugly but now I have pretty colors on my skin to make me happy.

And finally, my butterfly. First time I went to a tattoo shop the artist there told me of giving an old lady a tattoo of a butterfly on her arm because she had always wanted one. There are so many things in life I've always wanted to do and it took me a while to realize that someday never comes. Do it now. And even though a barely-graduated apprentice did my butterfly, he cleverly mirrored the motif of the leaves of my roses and tied it all together. I feel like I carry a flower garden and a little bit of spring around with me wherever I go.

my eyes are watering.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree.

My tattoos are disliked because they are tattoos by people that don't have or like tattoos. And they are also disliked by most tattoed people here because they are too "simple", "boring", "typical", "mainstream" or whatever.

It does take strength to say "fuck everyone then" ;P and to still continue on with what no one really likes because you personally love it.

I am quite used to that with most things in life lol.

I agree.

My tattoos are disliked because they are tattoos by people that don't have or like tattoos. And they are also disliked by most tattoed people here because they are too "simple", "boring", "typical", "mainstream" or whatever.

It does take strength to say "fuck everyone then" ;P and to still continue on with what no one really likes because you personally love it.

I am quite used to that with most things in life lol.

I am right there with you. I love my tattoos. They are not anything special to most people but they mean the world to me. Don't ever let anyone look down on you because you have placed your story and your character on your skin. I think that no matter how "simple", "boring" or "too mainstream" your ink is, it is special and unique to you. Own it and wear it proudly, those looking down on you are just jealous!!!

*waves some cheerleader pom poms*

Yup, it's your skin so who gives a flying fuck. I personally won't criticise someone's tattoos for that exact reason. Also no matter how small and crappy one's may seem it was a moment in their life where that was awesome for them even if it was a random flash on the wall they picked purely for wanting a tattoo.