Help with Design

Nagua

I am wanting my next tat to be the USA/Dominican Republic flag mixed together but not so much that it is difficult for the artist. Any websites out there that can assist with this?

Good tattoos are designed by people and made by people.
Open your eyes. It is happening all around you. Drones for example flying with a joystick. Cars can now drive without a human driver, doctors using computers to do precise surgery soon tats will be placed on your body by computers. No artist needed and so on...........So once again can anybody direct members to a website that can help with tat design? I am looking for a blended USA/Dominican Republic flag on my forearm. I have an example I found on the net but would be to difficult for an artist to do in such a small area as the forearm Here is a pic. <a  href=dominican_republic_long_sleeve_tshirt_zp

Your best option will always be to visit a tattooer and talk to them about it. The internet is great for reference, but only reference. A good tattooer will take any idea or reference that you have and make it into a tattooable design that fits your body. Take the time and effort to go see a tattooer and it will be worth it. You get the tattoos you deserve... Meaning, if you only look online and then ask someone to tattoo exactly that, they will. You will get something that looks like it came from the internet.

Open your eyes. It is happening all around you. Drones for example flying with a joystick. Cars can now drive without a human driver, doctors using computers to do precise surgery soon tats will be placed on your body by computers. No artist needed and so on...........So once again can anybody direct members to a website that can help with tat design? I am looking for a blended USA/Dominican Republic flag on my forearm. I have an example I found on the net but would be to difficult for an artist to do in such a small area as the forearm Here is a pic. <a  href=dominican_republic_long_sleeve_tshirt_zp

If you want art, go to your tattooer and have him design something for you. If you want a sick tat, just keep on keeping on I guess.

You got a tattoo that sucks because you didn't listen to your artist's advice to make it bigger. It's going to heal up poorly because you aren't going to follow your artist's aftercare instructions, nor are you going to listen to the people here who have a lot of experience in healing tattoos because you're instead going to cherrypick whatever sounds right to you, whether or not it's actually sound advice. And now you aren't interested in listening to suggestions that an artist should draw a tattoo. All of this is to help *you* to get a better tattoo--it doesn't benefit any of us--and if you're content with shit, that's fine, but this isn't the place for you. Good luck with that attitude, pal.

Your best option will always be to visit a tattooer and talk to them about it. The internet is great for reference, but only reference. A good tattooer will take any idea or reference that you have and make it into a tattooable design that fits your body. Take the time and effort to go see a tattooer and it will be worth it. You get the tattoos you deserve... Meaning, if you only look online and then ask someone to tattoo exactly that, they will. You will get something that looks like it came from the internet.
Brock thanks for your input. Yes you are correct and I agree. I just want a design that the artist can go by modifying it on the spot is cool with me. Again thanks.
If you want art, go to your tattooer and have him design something for you. If you want a sick tat, just keep on keeping on I guess.
Agreed, I want a design that the artist to follow as an example.
You got a tattoo that sucks because you didn't listen to your artist's advice to make it bigger. It's going to heal up poorly because you aren't going to follow your artist's aftercare instructions, nor are you going to listen to the people here who have a lot of experience in healing tattoos because you're instead going to cherrypick whatever sounds right to you, whether or not it's actually sound advice. And now you aren't interested in listening to suggestions that an artist should draw a tattoo. All of this is to help *you* to get a better tattoo--it doesn't benefit any of us--and if you're content with shit, that's fine, but this isn't the place for you. Good luck with that attitude, pal.
I knew when he did it that it would not look perfect. The artist and myself talked about this before he started of course I wanted something that when you look at it you would know what it is. I have had all my Dominican friends tell me it looks awesome as well as my wife and I think it looks great. And if you think it sux OH WELL. My feelings are not hurt. If you are just trying to blow up some drama well here ya go you got it. As far as tat healing it is doing great and the peeling is almost finished 6 days after will installed it on my forearm. But hey thank you for your input.

Open your eyes. It is happening all around you. Drones for example flying with a joystick. Cars can now drive without a human driver, doctors using computers to do precise surgery soon tats will be placed on your body by computers. No artist needed

Are you for real? This is supposed to justify not going to a tattooer? If you had any respect for getting tattoos, you would want to soak up the whole experience and process for getting a tattoo. I love consults and mulling over designs the weeks/months before. Even if a cylon was able to draw up a sick "tat" for you, it seems like you have a clear direction to what you want anyway. Just take it to a human and save us from a nuclear war with machines FOR FRACKING SAKE.

/end battlestar rant/cylon fears.

Are you for real? This is supposed to justify not going to a tattooer? If you had any respect for getting tattoos, you would want to soak up the whole experience and process for getting a tattoo. I love consults and mulling over designs the weeks/months before. Even if a cylon was able to draw up a sick "tat" for you, it seems like you have a clear direction to what you want anyway. Just take it to a human and save us from a nuclear war with machines FOR FRACKING SAKE.

/end battlestar rant/cylon fears.

Zzzzzzzzz. With all due respect you are not comprehending what you are reading. So please read this with attention. I am trying to design my tat myself. Then when the artist looks at it we can talk about modifying it his way. Got it?

Zzzzzzzzz. With all due respect you are not comprehending what you are reading. So please read this with attention. I am trying to design my tat myself. Then when the artist looks at it we can talk about modifying it his way. Got it?

Then why are you trying to ask for help on the Internet? I'm not comprehending your posts because they make no sense. If you're going to design it yourself and bring YOUR design to your artist then what is the point of this thread? Not only are you not respecting the answers you've been given by people much more knowledgeable than yourself, it's obvious now you're wasting every ones time.

I have had all my Dominican friends tell me it looks awesome as well as my wife and I think it looks great. And if you think it sux OH WELL. My feelings are not hurt.

If you go and look at almost any mediocre tattoo on facebook you will find 10+ people saying how 'awesome', 'sick' or 'amazing' it is. The fact is that most people don't really know what a good tattoo looks like. Also, even if someone realizes a tattoo is kinda 'meh', it's hard to tell someone because it's on them forever.

This forum is a place where people know what a good tattoo is, and for the most part aren't afraid to let people know. When people have a good attitude, we want to help them get the best tattoos possible. Step one is going to be going to a good tattooer - there are plenty in Dallas - and telling them your idea. Even if you can find a reference on the internet, most tattoos you see there (as noted above) are mediocre at best so there's not much point using them.

And I'm glad your feelings aren't hurt. In the end, everyone will get the tattoo they want (and deserve).

If you go and look at almost any mediocre tattoo on facebook you will find 10+ people saying how 'awesome', 'sick' or 'amazing' it is. The fact is that most people don't really know what a good tattoo looks like. Also, even if someone realizes a tattoo is kinda 'meh', it's hard to tell someone because it's on them forever.

This forum is a place where people know what a good tattoo is, and for the most part aren't afraid to let people know. When people have a good attitude, we want to help them get the best tattoos possible. Step one is going to be going to a good tattooer - there are plenty in Dallas - and telling them your idea. Even if you can find a reference on the internet, most tattoos you see there (as noted above) are mediocre at best so there's not much point using them.

And I'm glad your feelings aren't hurt. In the end, everyone will get the tattoo they want (and deserve).

Wow! Thank you Shaun. This is all i am asking. I want to make a tattoo design off the net. This design off the net is only to give the artist an idea of what i want. It is that simple. Yes i am looking for help. Not drama. Again Shaun thanks for the mature feedback.

@Nagua have you thought of doing something that includes some traditional tattoo imagery? maybe an eagle holding a dominican flag?
Harry, i am open to ideas. my wife is dominican and i am american so i thought doing the flags blended together would be cool. She is doing the outline of usa with the flag colors red white (skin tone for white ) and inside the country outline. Yes we are in love. :o But yes i am open to suggestions. Thank you Harry

Wow! Thank you Shaun. This is all i am asking. I want to make a tattoo design off the net. This design off the net is only to give the artist an idea of what i want. It is that simple. Yes i am looking for help. Not drama. Again Shaun thanks for the mature feedback.

Thank you for your kind words. However, I was kind of trying to tell you NOT to do what you're trying to do. A great way to give your good tattooer - there are plenty in Dallas - an idea of what you want is to tell them at your consultation. They know what the US Flag and the Dominican flag look like. They will blend them the best way they can, or come up with even better ideas using images as @BrianH has done.

You can do it diagonally in half. so that it was the stars and some stripes on the top left corner and then the bottom right corner of her flag. Or you could put them in a Ying-Yang design since love is a balancing act and you have the good with the bad.

Thank you for your kind words. However, I was kind of trying to tell you NOT to do what you're trying to do. A great way to give your good tattooer - there are plenty in Dallas - an idea of what you want is to tell them at your consultation. They know what the US Flag and the Dominican flag look like. They will blend them the best way they can, or come up with even better ideas using images as @BrianH has done.
Ok I understand. I just did not want him to draw up a tat for nothing. I will give it a try. Will call him when we are both finished with our vacations. Again thanks for your constructive opinion.
You can do it diagonally in half. so that it was the stars and some stripes on the top left corner and then the bottom right corner of her flag. Or you could put them in a Ying-Yang design since love is a balancing act and you have the good with the bad.
Excellent idea. What is ying yang design? I like the diagonally idea.