Sleeping with a fresh tattoo help!

nrocco2

Hi everyone I just got my first tattoo today an it's on the inside of my bicep, I was wondering how I should sleep with it? Cause its in a hard spot for it not to rub against my side. Just need some help thanks!

Try to sleep however is comfortable for you, and don't stress out too much about it because some rubbing is inevitable with that spot. Inside of the bicep, if you're anything like me, is a shitty spot and you'll have an uncomfortable next couple of days. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I was wondering how I should sleep with it

Tenderly & passionately. Tell it that you love it and nibble gently on its ears.

No, seriously, I suggest a tshirt for at least the first night or so, something soft that can serve as a bandage but still allow it to breathe. Some folks will probably say go sleeveless to prevent chafing, but I've never had a problem. I've had both of my inner biceps done recently and there is nothing you can do to prevent incidental rubbing, but you can prevent any actual detrimental effects with common sense and generally being careful.

Try to sleep however is comfortable for you, and don't stress out too much about it because some rubbing is inevitable with that spot. Inside of the bicep, if you're anything like me, is a shitty spot and you'll have an uncomfortable next couple of days. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Same here. I was worried at first but just said F it and slept the way I always sleep. The ink will get on the sheets though.

Tenderly & passionately. Tell it that you love it and nibble gently on its ears.

No, seriously, I suggest a tshirt for at least the first night or so, something soft that can serve as a bandage but still allow it to breathe. Some folks will probably say go sleeveless to prevent chafing, but I've never had a problem. I've had both of my inner biceps done recently and there is nothing you can do to prevent incidental rubbing, but you can prevent any actual detrimental effects with common sense and generally being careful.

Also when the t-shirt inevitably sticks to your new tattoo, don't pull it off, but jump into the shower with the shirt on and when it's wet it will come away without pulling on the tattoo.

I always leave the bandage on overnight the first night. After that, I have no problem sleeping except for the stinging and swelling being uncomfortable. But it shouldn't stick to the sheets of your side after the first day regardless. But overnight wrapping is always an option. I would wear a tank top so that it can breathe. Air is good....

- - - Updated - - -

And make sure your sheets are clean!!!!! I always make sure to wash them the day before or day of the tattoo.

Oh and that being said, be sure to follow the aftercare instructions given by your artist over any advice given online. Even if it is good advice, it's always a good idea to ask your artist when trying out new aftercare routines, simply because people apply tattoos differently and everyone heals differently.

I always leave the bandage on overnight the first night. After that, I have no problem sleeping except for the stinging and swelling being uncomfortable. But it shouldn't stick to the sheets of your side after the first day regardless. But overnight wrapping is always an option. I would wear a tank top so that it can breathe. Air is good....

- - - Updated - - -

And make sure your sheets are clean!!!!! I always make sure to wash them the day before or day of the tattoo.

I never keep the wrap on longer then it is to get home. Usually I am a bloody mess by the time I walk in the front door. Hell, Sunday I had full-on blood streaks running into my socks while waiting for my sister at Adorned.

As far as the OP, I say don't worry about it. I used to make sure it touched nothing but now I just try to sleep. First night I put some aquaphor on it so it doesnt cling to the sheets but otherwise dont worry. Also...invest in black bedsheets. I've always had em, but they are killer for not showing up ink/blood stains unlike my poor comforter which has a Raijin imprint on it. Damn tattoo ink is hard to wash out!